Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 HP Technical Newsletter: on Saturated Red  (Read 15893 times)

Panascape

z3100 HP Technical Newsletter: on Saturated Red
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 12:18:18 pm »

It is good to hear that you are aware that HP is very much intent on helping solve making better media set ups not only for you, yet through your insistance, for all users.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107000\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Neil, I am working directly with barcelona on this and all the testing I am doing is in co-ordination with them and to a specification that we jointly created so I am well aware of HP's intent to try resolve this issue.

The fact that this solution must work for all was a key factor in my suggesting the the current testing must be done on more than one epson and I would have like to see a canon involved as well but neither myself nor christopher has one. Pigment loads were also a consideration which is why we wanted to include both Ultrachrome and K3 inks. I am sure HP would be very interested in getting the tests we are doing, done on some Canons as well.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:39:37 pm by Panascape »

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 02:49:30 pm »

Yes to all of the above. The point to add is the complexity of the size of pigment  grinds for the litho thermal heads as compared to the Epson Peizo electro mechanical heads. The amount of pigment load permit  quite different  ink TAC separations.
There are ways of extracting the raw plots from GutenRip, even create your own separations.
HP have their own ways of plotting the raw and separated solid and 3D combinations.
I would like to see a device N rip for both the Canon and HP. At least the ImagePrint rip is able to rasterize to high bit screens something I would have like to seen in a plug in or eventually in MacOs X.5 and or Vista, taking advantage of the operating system capabilities. I am not saying it won't happen, just would have like to see a roll out of the best printers packed with the highest end and newest technology software wise.
Just the same I am as you are enjoying discovering this printers capabilities, especially when it's to print real images rather than test charts and profile charts.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 02:55:51 pm »

Neil, I am working directly with barcelona on this and all the testing I am doing is in co-ordination with them and to a specification that we jointly created so I am well aware of HP's intent to try resolve this issue.

The fact that this solution must work for all was a key factor in my suggesting the the current testing must be done on more than one epson and I would have like to see a canon involved as well but neither myself nor christopher has one. Pigment loads were also a consideration which is why we wanted to include both Ultrachrome and K3 inks. I am sure HP would be very interested in getting the tests we are doing, done on some Canons as well.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=107024\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes of course. There are other issues outside of this forum as well being worked on. So far so good. I also know your demands are at a very high priority. I've already seen the improvements .
HP have Canon's and Epson's in Barcelona. Just as Epson have HP's + Canon's, and Canon have both the others. I have 4 printers, an A3 drum scanner, and quite a few computers in 8 m2 so I can't fit anything else here.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 03:44:26 pm »

Yes to all of the above. The point to add is the complexity of the size of pigment  grinds for the litho thermal heads as compared to the Epson Peizo electro mechanical heads. The amount of pigment load permit  quite different  ink TAC separations.
There are ways of extracting the raw plots from GutenRip, even create your own separations.
HP have their own ways of plotting the raw and separated solid and 3D combinations.
I would like to see a device N rip for both the Canon and HP. At least the ImagePrint rip is able to rasterize to high bit screens something I would have like to seen in a plug in or eventually in MacOs X.5 and or Vista, taking advantage of the operating system capabilities. I am not saying it won't happen, just would have like to see a roll out of the best printers packed with the highest end and newest technology software wise.
Just the same I am as you are enjoying discovering this printers capabilities, especially when it's to print real images rather than test charts and profile charts.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Of course the balancing act between 200/100 years fade resistance, particle size/chemical structure, encapsulation, chroma, transparency, suitable ink medium, fast stabilisation of color and the thermal pump function is something they have to build on. When I received the printer two weeks ago the messages here were not encouraging, after comparing by eye the target sheets made with the new litho-realistic media profile and the one made with fine art>250 gsm media profile both on HPR I knew that it wasn't the end of the world, no real fundamental problem.

Since WasatchInc announced the 16 bit upgrade of the SoftRip I check their pages twice a week for the Z3100 drivers. For a long time I thought I would never buy another upgrade.

Every day I see some engineering tricks or assume they are implanted when I compare the solutions of the Epson models and the HP. The price of the roll spindles + adapters is nice, I guess they made a friction control for the different papers at the right side of the spindles and by that made more gradual changes possible and a high tension spindle obsolete. I'm new to HP printers so a bit naive :-) It is seldom that I think it was better on my old printers. Even the paper loading that I didn't trust much is better than expected.

Ernst Dinkla

try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up