Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: corrupt date in rebel xt  (Read 2458 times)

rockne

corrupt date in rebel xt
« on: March 13, 2007, 07:44:15 pm »

while playing back some old images in my rebel xt, i came across something completely new.  never experienced it in the 2 years i've owned the camera.
a few images appeared in thumbnail size with the text "corrupt data" across the bottom of the lcd screen. also have the following - no image, a gray box with a yellow ? in the middle and "corrupted data" appearing below the box.

all of these old images have already been transferred to my computer but i have some images that have not been.  is it safe to put this media card into my computer?
anyone come across this ??

thanks

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
corrupt date in rebel xt
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 05:17:10 pm »

It could be as bad as a defective card, or simply a corrupted filesystem - have you tried formatting the card in the camera?  doing this *every* time your return the card to the camera after uploading pics is highly recommended

rockne

corrupt date in rebel xt
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 05:51:45 pm »

It could be as bad as a defective card, or simply a corrupted filesystem - have you tried formatting the card in the camera?  doing this *every* time your return the card to the camera after uploading pics is highly recommended
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106856\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

rockne

corrupt date in rebel xt
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 07:06:20 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106869\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks for the help. i'll format the card.

Robert Spoecker

corrupt date in rebel xt
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 07:38:01 pm »

Mr. Reichman used a program on another participant's computer called photorescue on his last Antarctica trip. This program was reported to be very good at recovering corrupt files from several kinds of camera memory chips. I ordered a copy and although I never needed it yet I tried reformatting cards, erasing files and it had no problem recovering all data. This program was under $40 US. You might try it by downloading it. Google photorescue and it will get you to the right place. You can try a demo for free but it will rescue but not save files. You then, if you like it, have to buy the fully functional copy and down load it. It is for both macs and windows.

Robert

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
corrupt date in rebel xt
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 11:16:34 pm »

Good point Robert - heres the link:

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/
Pages: [1]   Go Up