Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shooting tethered in light room  (Read 2915 times)

shill

shooting tethered in light room
« on: March 13, 2007, 05:35:15 pm »

I do a lot of tethered shooting and have seen articles about shooting with light room (Martin Evening) for one but although I think I'm following instructions I can't get it to import while I shoot with my 5D.  Thanks in advance
Scot

Sid EOS

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 09:07:39 pm »

Connect the camera to the computer.
Set up the Canon software (EOS utility/camera window) to transfer the images to a folder on the computer.
Then in Lightroomâ„¢ select - file auto import, turn it on.
Select the auto import source - the "watched folder" (the same one you set in the Canon software).
Select a destination.

It should then work.

Sid Jervis

shill

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 11:28:39 pm »

I do a lot of tethered shooting and have seen articles about shooting with light room (Martin Evening) for one but although I think I'm following instructions I can't get it to import while I shoot with my 5D.  Thanks in advance
Scot
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106518\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, that's the way it works for bridge, but it wouldn't work for light room.  Found by combining advice from you and others that if you first run the software-camera off it gives you the option to monitor a folder-make sure the naming convention is off in perferences because otherwise that puts a folder by date inside the capture folder- which light room won't work with-it needs an empty folder,
auto import on, watch this folder-works!
Many thanks
love these forums!
Scot

pdm

• http://pdmphotography.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 01:10:13 pm »

I've gotten this to work (also with the 5D).  The problem I face is that the auto import dialog in Lightroom doesn't have the same options as the normal import.  So, the auto import images all have to go to the same folder or you have to change it by hand every time.  With normal import, Lightroom can auto name the directory by date and put images in there.   It is really annoying for tethered shots to be in a different place than my other images.

I've reported it to Adobe via their feature request form, but it bounced an e-mail to me.  I reported the problem with the bounced mail, but never heard anything back.  Hopefully they will make the features of auto import and import be the same.
--
Phillip Moore [url=http://pdmphotogra

Sid EOS

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 02:09:25 pm »

I like all the tethered shots going into one folder, once the shoot is finished I move the images with Lightroomâ„¢. We all have our own ways I guess.

Sid Jervis
Pages: [1]   Go Up