Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choosing your websites color palette  (Read 2792 times)

robertwatcher

Choosing your websites color palette
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:26:00 am »

There are ton of applications around for visually selecting colors for our websites - and they provide the HTML color code to enter the value into our webpages.

But one of the hardest things sometimes is figuring out what colors go together and will compliment each other for a website that is pleasing to look at.

I have found an absolutely incredible tool for figuring out appealing color palettes. My wife who is a Quilt Maker and clothing designer, loves it for coming up with colors and hues to base her fabric choices on. Or how about even figuring out how to coordinate the clothes you are going to wear - or how you will decorate your living room . . .

. . .  of course we're talking coordinating our website colors aren't we  

Online Visual Color Scheme Chooser

--------

robertwatcher

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 10:34:27 am »

BTW - you can drop RGB color values from Photoshop into the color value fields beside the main RGB sliders - and instantly see the complimentary colors. You don't even have to fiddle with the sliders if you don't want. What a way to coordinate projects and layouts - or colors in photographs and graphics that you have designed.

----

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 10:45:12 am »

I'm just about to start designing my photography website, so this couldn't come at a better time. Thank you very much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up