All's well that ends well. I thought I should follow up and conclude this thread with a bit of good and bad news. First, the good news. I now have my site up and running, utilizing the Adobe lightroom web gallery. I ended up paying a local web design firm to fix my site. Atomic Crayon in Victoria did a fantastic job of researching and troubleshooting, and providing a quick solution. In the end the problem was a glitch that someone else had alerted me to, regarding using a picture file in the header. If you place your logo (as a jpeg or any other picture type file) in the header bar, chances are that the gallery may not load properly, or get hung up. In my case, it stopped the flash movie from loading at all, unless you refreshed your browser. This is fixed by removing the file from the header, and in my case, adding a seperate logo that stands alone from the gallery. If anyone needs to know how we did this, contact me and I will supply details.
The bad news is that Adobe does not recognize this as a problem of theirs. I was told by the support team that if the gallery is exported to a folder on my hard drive, and then opened from that location into a browser, and it works, then it works. Indeed it does work in this scenario. Unfortunately, if you want to take it to the next step and include it in a web site of your choice, it likely will not work. The code needs to be changed in order for it to perform as needed. I am hoping that the code will be changed for Lightroom v1.1 so that this problem will be eliminated. We will see.
Thanks everyone for your help on this forum. It helped me provide many possible solutions to the web design firm that I used. In the end, you all saved me a few bucks.