Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: canon pixma pro i9500  (Read 2830 times)

emily

canon pixma pro i9500
« on: March 11, 2007, 03:18:39 am »

I have just found out that my epson r1800 needs a head replacement, and it costs way too much. I am now looking at the new canon i9500, and although it is not out yet (should be out in April) does anyone have any idea about cost of printing compared to the Epson R1800? I really don't want to get another EPson, becuase I thought that the replacement of parts was way too high.
Emily

carlking2

canon pixma pro i9500
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 02:27:37 pm »

I have just found out that my epson r1800 needs a head replacement, and it costs way too much. I am now looking at the new canon i9500, and although it is not out yet (should be out in April) does anyone have any idea about cost of printing compared to the Epson R1800? I really don't want to get another EPson, becuase I thought that the replacement of parts was way too high.
Emily
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105997\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Emily,
Just guessing from the size of the printer...I would say the ink costs will be in line with the K3 inks on the Epson 2400.  I know that you fell Epson is to expensive to replace the heads, but consider that Canon and HP take a different approach chosing to offer user replacement heads, but they are not cheap.  There is some talk that the two heads used by the IPF 5000 approaches the cost of a new printer, so why replace them.

At any rate...I did read here or elsewhere that Canon is offering R 1800's refurbed on its website for either $249 or $299.  A good price for that size printer.

I did a cost compare on printers and the ink cost really does not come down until you get a printer that uses bigger carts.  That would be in most cases a 17 inch model.

Hope this helps,

Rick

efillink

canon pixma pro i9500
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 05:29:11 am »

Emily
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I may be able to help you fix your R1800.  Don't throw away the printer just yet.

If it is a print head clog.
Check out the three different methods that can be used to clear a print head clog:
[a href=\"http://www.efillink.com/public/viewtopic.php?t=21]http://www.efillink.com/public/viewtopic.php?t=21[/url]

Deep

canon pixma pro i9500
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 06:58:45 am »

Emily
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105997\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have no idea what ink use is like on the i9500 but I have done sums on my i990.  I keep my ink and paper supplies a little ahead and always have a fair idea what is in stock.  I looked at purchases over the last financila year and concluded that, overall (including cleaning), the printer averaged just under 3ml per square foot of paper.  It could be the i9950 is at least similar.  I do tend to print fairly dark prints, but on the other hand ink use was higher before I used custom profiles.  I have also learnt the printer does a clean every time it "wakes", so I save ink by saving my printing and doing runs.  Anyway, if you work out what a cartridge holds and what it costs, you may find this is not dissimilar to the Epson.

In three years and thousands of prints, I don't ever recall a clogged print head or any mechanical problems.  Not that the i9500 would neccesarily be the same but I would expect great reliability.

Incidentally, I just put in an offer for a demo ipf5000.  If figures I have read are to be believed, the ink costs work out at under half what I pay now!  I'll believe that when I see it.

Don.
Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up