Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New ICC Profiles for Z3100  (Read 3586 times)

Recked

New ICC Profiles for Z3100
« on: March 08, 2007, 09:01:52 pm »

Hello,

I just downloaded the "new" ICC profiles for the Z3100 and followed the instructions on HP's site only to get some kind of cryptic error message on the printer which I then had to shut off and restart.

The instructions tells one to start printer, turn on pc, download file, install file and by the way don't connect the USB cable until prompted to do so. Well when you run the install after the download there is no prompting of any kind and nothing happens at the printer end the second time round so I have no clue as to whether or not the new profiles were loaded or not.

Anybody out there with this printer have any luck installing these new profiles????

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 10:04:25 pm »

The profile update should install the new profiles to the color directory of your computer. I can't remember, but I believe I had the printer plugged in when I downloaded the package. It didn't give me any sort of prompt either, it basically just unzips the files to that directory.

Julian Mussi
www.spectraflow.com
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow

Panascape

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 01:48:08 am »

I don't remeber tha the update installed the profiles on the printer, to me it seemd it was only installing the on the computer.

Having said that, the profiles are in a total shambles with some being optimised and others not. Personally, I would simply reprofile any paper I needed myself.

Recked

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 10:45:32 am »

Just below are the "instructions" for installing the new ICC profiles and clearly when I did it this way the first time some type of instruction was being sent to the printer as the display changed saying something to the effect of "data being received" then it died and I got a four digit error code in the format of 00-00. Don't recall the exact numbers/letters but I had to shut the printer off and restart it because it was completely locked up.

Make sure you have installed the Z3100 driver
1. Turn on the printer first, then turn on the computer.
2. Close any screen savers, virus protection programs, or other software programs running on your computer.
3. Click on Download Now and a File Download box will appear.
4. Select Save This Program to Disk and a Save As box will appear.
5. Select a directory to save the file in and click Save.
6. Locate the file using Windows Explorer when the download has completed.
7. If you are using USB connection, do not connect the USB cable until the installer prompts you to do so.
8. Double click on the downloaded file. The files will automatically be extracted.
9. Follow the rest of instructions in the screen.

Thanks

I don't remeber tha the update installed the profiles on the printer, to me it seemd it was only installing the on the computer.

Having said that, the profiles are in a total shambles with some being optimised and others not. Personally, I would simply reprofile any paper I needed myself.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105598\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Panascape

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 11:02:15 am »

I got it while it was astill the beta version with comprehensive instructions that said "Copy to hard drive and run"

Recked

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 11:10:45 am »

Frankly the instructions are crap. I have never heard of ICC profiles being loaded anywhere but to the "color" directory on either a Mac or Windows based machine. Why HP has listed the instructions and what happened to my printer last night I have no clue, but it doesn't leave me feeling all warm and fuzzy.

I have hit a whatever point with regards to this printer and but for the fact that I leased my through my corp I would likely be selling it and going for a 4800 from Epson which at least has a history that can be followed.

anyway...........

enjoy your weekend. Going to see if I can get HP to give me some clue as to why they posted instructions like this and how they really want the profiles loaded.

I got it while it was astill the beta version with comprehensive instructions that said "Copy to hard drive and run"
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105645\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

BCRider

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 06:41:12 pm »

Why would you install and use HP supplied generic profiles when you guys have a printer with a built-in spectro that makes custom profiles?  

I don't get it...    

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 04:40:26 am »

Why would you install and use HP supplied generic profiles when you guys have a printer with a built-in spectro that makes custom profiles?   

I don't get it...   
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105738\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Correct, it's not really necessary if you make your own. However a base set of default profiles is a good thing to have.

If there are only ICC profiles then the instructions above are not the right instructions for this. If the media set ups are included that is a different story. I would hope that the new profiles should be covered in a firmware update avoiding confusion for installed ICC profiles, media set ups and lodging the new profiles on host and printer hard drives.
Pages: [1]   Go Up