Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing and Backing Up  (Read 2598 times)

Alter Nereus

Importing and Backing Up
« on: March 07, 2007, 12:41:58 pm »

Have been reading about Michaels exploits in the Antarctic with great interest, especially as concerns how various bits of equipment stood up to the test and lessons learned. What particularly interested me was the statement by Michael as concerns backing up data and Lightroom quote .....and its ability to import from a card reader to two drives simultaneously (thus making a backup in real time..unquote.
Personally I am at a loss as to how this was achieved or I'm missing something obvious (in all probability) and I wonder if Michael or someone else whose already figured it out could kindly explain how this is set up because I can't find anything in the setup menu regarding this. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 12:44:17 pm by Alter Nereus »

seanmcfoto

Importing and Backing Up
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 12:49:24 pm »

Have been reading about Michaels exploits in the Antarctic with great interest, especially as concerns how various bits of equipment stood up to the test and lessons learned. What particularly interested me was the statement by Michael as concerns backing up data and Lightroom quote .....and its ability to import from a card reader to two drives simultaneously (thus making a backup in real time..unquote.
Personally I am at a loss as to how this was achieved or I'm missing something obvious (in all probability) and I wonder if Michael or someone else whose already figured it out could kindly explain how this is set up because I can't find anything in the setup menu regarding this. Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105269\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It's not in a menu, it's in the import dialog when you import from a card.
Sean McCormack
[url=http://lightroom.sea

Alter Nereus

Importing and Backing Up
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:42:39 pm »

It's not in a menu, it's in the import dialog when you import from a card.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105273\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah - well that explains it then. I normally download my images from the CF using other software which is a force of habit I suppose because it allows me to keep my folder structure exactly as I want it. However, never too late to experiment I suppose, and if importing from a card gives me the option of backing up at the same time it will definitely be something I shall be giving a try. Now where's did I put that CF card.........
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:43:51 pm by Alter Nereus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up