Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB triggers auto start of Lightroom  (Read 14680 times)

Sailaire

USB triggers auto start of Lightroom
« on: March 07, 2007, 07:48:19 am »

How do I turn off the lightroom auto program start?

When I plug in a USB key or turn on my USB external hard drive to get a file or photo to move, Lightroom starts as soon as I click on the photo.

If I shut down the program, then everything works as expected. Eg I click on a photo on the key and my associated viewer opens it.

Under preferences in the program, I have checked off "when a USB card is detected"  ---"Do Nothing" but I think the program needs to be running for that to work.

I have checked my file associations and my files are linked to my viewer and not Lightroom.

Where to now?

Thanks !

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 12:54:28 pm »

When I plug in a USB key or turn on my USB external hard drive to get a file or photo to move, Lightroom starts as soon as I click on the photo.

If I shut down the program, then everything works as expected. Eg I click on a photo on the key and my associated viewer opens it.

Under preferences in the program, I have checked off "when a USB card is detected"  ---"Do Nothing" but I think the program needs to be running for that to work.

I have checked my file associations and my files are linked to my viewer and not Lightroom.

Where to now?

Thanks !
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You don't say which OS you are using. If it's a PC, I have no idea. If it's a Mac running OS X, try the preferences of the Image Capture application (in /Applications).

Jeremy

hyperartpro

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 09:59:32 pm »

You will have to change the setting in your registry. I don't know of another way to do it.

Windows:
1) Start - Run - type "regedit"
2) Look in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Lightroom\1.0\Adobe Photo Downloader\Preferences"
3) Double-click the item called "AutoLaunchOnDeviceConnect".
4) Change "Value data:" from '0' to '1'. Click OK.
5) Close regedit, and try connecting your devices now.

Good luck!

~K *)

Under preferences in the program, I have checked off "when a USB card is detected"  ---"Do Nothing" but I think the program needs to be running for that to work.

Where to now?

Thanks !
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up