Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: image corruption  (Read 3412 times)

Gman2

image corruption
« on: March 07, 2007, 06:11:58 am »

I'm having a problem with image corrruption with streaks that look like the image based on 16 colors. I have setting set to make xmp files. I went into shoot that previously was fine (have jpeg exports to prove it). Did some work arounds to get the file to work (not sure what I did to make it work). Then did some syncing and it happened to another file in the shoot. Almost seems like it is happening when the xmp's are written to the networked dirve. This time to fix the file I made a copy of corrupt file after deleteing the xmp sidecar. Then dismounted drive restarted host computer and the orginal file worked, but not the copy. I opened it in cs2 first.  The file were corrupt in other converters as well as adobe products. This was happening to my travel  laptop on a shoot last weekend I thought it was image corruption from the compact flash (shoot at high frame rate), so i deleted them.  This was on a local hard drive.

Gman2

image corruption
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 02:38:26 pm »

Now for a couple of examples:

I'm having a problem with image corrruption with streaks that look like the image based on 16 colors. I have setting set to make xmp files. I went into shoot that previously was fine (have jpeg exports to prove it). Did some work arounds to get the file to work (not sure what I did to make it work). Then did some syncing and it happened to another file in the shoot. Almost seems like it is happening when the xmp's are written to the networked dirve. This time to fix the file I made a copy of corrupt file after deleteing the xmp sidecar. Then dismounted drive restarted host computer and the orginal file worked, but not the copy. I opened it in cs2 first.  The file were corrupt in other converters as well as adobe products. This was happening to my travel  laptop on a shoot last weekend I thought it was image corruption from the compact flash (shoot at high frame rate), so i deleted them.  This was on a local hard drive.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105191\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Gman2

image corruption
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 02:41:47 pm »

Now for an example.
[attachment=2061:attachment]

I'm having a problem with image corrruption with streaks that look like the image based on 16 colors. I have setting set to make xmp files. I went into shoot that previously was fine (have jpeg exports to prove it). Did some work arounds to get the file to work (not sure what I did to make it work). Then did some syncing and it happened to another file in the shoot. Almost seems like it is happening when the xmp's are written to the networked dirve. This time to fix the file I made a copy of corrupt file after deleteing the xmp sidecar. Then dismounted drive restarted host computer and the orginal file worked, but not the copy. I opened it in cs2 first.  The file were corrupt in other converters as well as adobe products. This was happening to my travel  laptop on a shoot last weekend I thought it was image corruption from the compact flash (shoot at high frame rate), so i deleted them.  This was on a local hard drive.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105191\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Amiral

image corruption
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 04:44:49 am »

Now for an example.
[attachment=2061:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105693\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ihad the same problem. Corrupted Raw files on a G5 and on a IMac Intel on a french version of LR and on the english version. I also had a problem with Tiff files. That's why I don't think it comes from the xmp. The corrupted Tiff files could'nt be opened anymore in Psd. I opened them in GraphicConverter and did a save as.
I also had a problem with Raw files on a IMac Intel on which Lightroom was'nt installed. Only Camera Raw plugin 3.7 was installed. May be the problem comes from there?
(please excuse my poor english-I am french)

Amiral

image corruption
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 06:08:01 am »

Ihad the same problem. Corrupted Raw files on a G5 and on a IMac Intel on a french version of LR and on the english version. I also had a problem with Tiff files. That's why I don't think it comes from the xmp. The corrupted Tiff files could'nt be opened anymore in Psd. I opened them in GraphicConverter and did a save as.
I also had a problem with Raw files on a IMac Intel on which Lightroom was'nt installed. Only Camera Raw plugin 3.7 was installed. May be the problem comes from there?
(please excuse my poor english-I am french)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108033\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Robert Spoecker

image corruption
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 02:26:05 pm »

Some problems are easy to fix in photoshop.    

[attachment=2152:attachment]
Pages: [1]   Go Up