Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Develop tutorials coming?  (Read 4754 times)

kiiquu

iPod Develop tutorials coming?
« on: March 07, 2007, 05:53:26 am »

Just wondering if I'm missing something. I can see the new LRT Develop 1_of3 download in HD to download in my My Account but not the iPod version. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Eric

michael

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 06:33:44 am »

As mentioned on What's New yesterday, the iPod sgment will be online later today.

Michael

kiiquu

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 07:11:09 am »

As mentioned on What's New yesterday, the iPod sgment will be online later today.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105196\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

<Michael slaps forehead at punters' inability to read>
Sorry Michael, I misssed that in my rush to download...

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 10:32:57 am »

My computer is still grinding away trying to encode the iPod version (3/7/07 10:30) - please be patient! the H.264 codec is great but it takes an _awfully_ long time to encode

Chris S

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:53:21 pm »

Sorry iPod fans - the encode was bad and I have to start over. The last encode took over 24 hours - to get nowhere. Looks like Friday at the earliest.  

Chris S

BTW if you have QuickTime Pro and the HiRes version, you can always export an iPod version. It will be a big file but it will play on that little machine . . .
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:57:15 pm by Chrissand »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 02:27:32 pm »

Hmmm - new workflow! Testing the truth of my assertion above that the file exported by QuickTime Pro was going to be large, I found - guess what - that it was pretty good!

So, I am scrapping Apple's Compressor for encoding iPod files (the encode timing was totally ridiculous) and have switched to QuickTime Pro. The iPod version of Develop 1of 3 should be up this evening! (Mar 7 18:00?)

Now back to editing Develop 2of3 . . .

Chris S

francois

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 06:24:00 am »

My computer is still grinding away trying to encode the iPod version (3/7/07 10:30) - please be patient! the H.264 codec is great but it takes an _awfully_ long time to encode

Chris S
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
For Mac users who already have the hi-res version of the tutorial, [a href=\"http://www.isquint.org]iSquint[/url] offers free and fast encoding with iPod compatible presets. I haven't compared quality with QT Pro or other solution but it takes less than 20 minutes to encode the LRT_Develop_1of3.mov file (using H.264 & iPod preset).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:24:15 am by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up