Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Tutorial  (Read 16273 times)

jdyke

• http://www.jondyke.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« on: March 05, 2007, 06:55:40 am »

Hi Guys
Just wandering when we will see the next intallment of the tutorial.  Its been a week since the last ones and I was under the impression they would be released once a week?    Sorry for the impatience - just getting my teeth into Lightroom so I am keen to get through the tutorials now.  I am assuming that the reason that you have staggered the release of each section is down to bandwidth?

Keep up the good work

Jon

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 10:30:12 am »

I expect to have the first of the three Develop pieces posted on Wednesday, Feb 7th - likely late in that day. (woops - yep that should be March 7th - my head is still in Antarctica!)

(I have weathered a perfect storm in the past week and thus the delay: drive failure, unforseen personnel absence and illness - but all is now well - tickety-boo I might say!)

The additional two Develop modules will follow fairly quickly.

Chris S
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:54:01 am by Chrissand »

francois

Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 10:42:31 am »

I expect to have the first of the three Develop pieces posted on Wednesday, Feb 7th - likely late in that day.

(I have weathered a perfect storm in the past week and thus the delay: drive failure, unforseen personnel absence and illness - but all is now well - tickety-boo I might say!)

The additional two Develop modules will follow fairly quickly.

Chris S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104795\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Chris,
You really mean March 7, 2007! Or did you hibernate during the snow storm?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:43:05 am by francois »
Francois

jdyke

• http://www.jondyke.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 11:14:43 am »

Thanks Chris

Stephen Scharf

Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 01:44:25 am »

Hi Guys
Just wandering when we will see the next intallment of the tutorial.  Its been a week since the last ones and I was under the impression they would be released once a week?    Sorry for the impatience - just getting my teeth into Lightroom so I am keen to get through the tutorials now.  I am assuming that the reason that you have staggered the release of each section is down to bandwidth?

Keep up the good work

Jon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104761\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, I was getting a little curious about that, too. I hope that there's not a long gap again when MR goes traveling to the Amazon in mid-April, so that we have to wait two-three weeks again without a video becoming available each week for download.

mgguzman

• http://www.mgarciaguzman.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 11:15:24 am »

Yeah, I was getting a little curious about that, too. I hope that there's not a long gap again when MR goes traveling to the Amazon in mid-April, so that we have to wait two-three weeks again without a video becoming available each week for download.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104953\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I really hope additional installments are posted soon. I am a bit disappointed for the gap between installments. For me it is more useful to see the videos before I spend too much time playing with the software for two reasons:

1.- Knowing the ins-outs of the software before using it is the best way to create an effective flow from the start without learning bad habits or doing time consuming mistakes that later I need to rectify.

2.- Once I learn the software on my own, it becomes more boring to see the videos because most of the info is already known.

I really hope that the next installments are available soon. I assume they are taped so why the delay?

Best  

Miguel
Miguel Garcia-Guzman
info@mgarciaguzman.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 11:40:57 am »

I assume they are taped so why the delay?[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105009\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Each segment has to be edited, encoded and posted - not an 'instant' process

Chris S

mgguzman

• http://www.mgarciaguzman.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 12:38:30 am »

Each segment has to be edited, encoded and posted - not an 'instant' process

Chris S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105015\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks. I just saw that the installment has been posted. Great  

and thanks for the feedback.

Miguel
Miguel Garcia-Guzman
info@mgarciaguzman.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 06:56:19 pm »

I have just posted Develop 2 of 3 - both HiRes & iPod versions

Chris S

DaHen

Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 09:19:57 pm »

Thanks Chris,

Am downloading it now and looking forward to viewing it.    

DaHen
My System: Windows8.1. Intel Core i7-377

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 04:01:25 pm »

I have just posted Develop 3 of 3 - both HiRes & iPod versions

Chris S

DaHen

Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 09:06:40 pm »

I have just posted Develop 3 of 3

Chris S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=106298\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Chris,

Hope to watch the Develop Module as soon as I graduate from the Library.  lol

My System: Windows8.1. Intel Core i7-377

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 10:07:15 pm »

The 45 minute video file covering the Print, Slideshow & Web modules has just been posted

CS

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 12:51:53 pm »

The final video file for the LR Tutorial has been posted - a crucial one: Preferences

CS

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 04:45:34 pm »

Chris,

Congratulations to you, Michael and Jeff for a really fine series. It is overall a superb production - very useful, relaxed, friendly style, good quality video, hits the important stuff plus some. The material covered is very well-explained.

One complementary piece that may be the subject of an essay on the website is a step-by-step walk-through of the workflow when one wants to ROUND TRIP between Lightroom and Photoshop for doing stuff in Photoshop that Lightroom doesn't do. Exporting to Photoshop is clear enough, but the process and implications for taking the same image back into Lightroom (especially if layered) could use a bit of elaboration.

One suggestion for the series as a whole - it would be helpful if someone had the time to produce an alphabetical index of sub-topics identified according to their minute-point location in each segment. For example if I wanted to review "Schewe's midtone contrast technique" I could look it up on a list and see I could find it at minute ** of Segment +.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Johnny V

Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 09:33:01 pm »

One suggestion for the series as a whole - it would be helpful if someone had the time to produce an alphabetical index of sub-topics identified according to their minute-point location in each segment. For example if I wanted to review "Schewe's midtone contrast technique" I could look it up on a list and see I could find it at minute ** of Segment +.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108485\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In the Mac Quicktime window, on the right of the moving arrow,  there are title segments that can be pulled down to quickly go to a certain section of the movie. As an example in the QT window of LRT_Develop_1of3.mov pulldown the menu named "Spot Healing" and at the bottom of the list you'll find "midtone adjustment".

But an overall index would be helpful.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 09:42:48 pm »

In the Mac Quicktime window, on the right of the moving arrow,  there are title segments that can be pulled down to quickly go to a certain section of the movie. As an example in the QT window of LRT_Develop_1of3.mov pulldown the menu named "Spot Healing" and at the bottom of the list you'll find "midtone adjustment".

But an overall index would be helpful.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=108534\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

True, I'm aware of the pull-down menus to the right of the place pointer - it's the overall index I had in mind.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 10:28:31 am »

... it's the overall index I had in mind.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, a Table of Contents/Index is needed and I will make one and post it as a web-page within the next few days. In the meantime, the actual product page in the Store will serve quite well. Just look at this [a href=\"http://www.luminous-landscape.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_14_16&products_id=126]Store page[/url]

Chris
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:20:13 am by Chrissand »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 11:18:07 am »

Thanks much Chris - and yes, you are right - forgot that page existed, and it is helpful!

Cheers,

Mark

Alter Nereus

Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 07:33:06 am »

Would also just like to add how much I have enjoyed the series. I particularly found interesting the pub discussion where various related viewpoints were expressed. One question however, I notice there are 2 blank slots left in the download table. Will in fact these be used - I don't want to keep checking back into my account when for certain I know that nothing more will be added to the file list. Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up