Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson 4800 when to change ink cartridges  (Read 2404 times)

hippy Green

epson 4800 when to change ink cartridges
« on: March 04, 2007, 10:55:50 pm »

Hi there

I just going through the process of changing my first set the ink cartridges for my epson 4800

A present the "light light black" is at 6%  is worth waiting to get it lower or just change it now or will 6% go a long way as don't wont it run 1/2 way through a job only doing small prints a present i.e. A3  to A2

by the way I just got some ink from inkjetart.com it turned up in week from the states to New Zealand not bad I thought

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers

D

zirmedien

• http://www.zirbes.de
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:51:23 am »

Hi there

I just going through the process of changing my first set the ink cartridges for my epson 4800

A present the "light light black" is at 6%  is worth waiting to get it lower or just change it now or will 6% go a long way as don't wont it run 1/2 way through a job only doing small prints a present i.e. A3  to A2

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104700\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think it will be the same like 4000/9600: the machine stops even in the middle of a job if the cartridge runs empty, you change the cartridge and the machine finalize the job without visible stripes etc. Much better than on HP Z2100 or 3100 which kill the running job an cut paper.

Greetings
Martin

hippy Green

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:24:55 am »

Hay thanks martin

Cheers D

Gene Coggins

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:00:13 am »

Quote from: hippy Green,Mar 4 2007, 11:55 PM
Hi there

A present the "light light black" is at 6%  is worth waiting to get it lower or just change it now or will 6% go a long way as don't wont it run 1/2 way through a job only doing small prints a present i.e. A3  to A2

by the way I just got some ink from inkjetart.com it turned up in week from the states to New Zealand not bad I thought

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers

Continue to print while the red ink light blinks. It is mearly a warrning that you are low on ink. The 4800 will not print when the ink "runs out." The red ink light will stay on and you will see a message in the printer menu window telling you to replace the cartridge.

Gene

hippy Green

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 05:18:58 am »

thanks again for the tips
Pages: [1]   Go Up