Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Lightroom Questions  (Read 2509 times)

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
Some Lightroom Questions
« on: March 04, 2007, 05:48:02 pm »

A few quesitons:

1.  Is there any way to make the side panels sticky closed.  I'll often drift into the hot zone and accidentally activate the panel.  I'd like to not have them "fly over" active.

2.  When I "ctrl e" to export for processing in PS, it appends "edit" to the file name, any way to not have this happen?

3.  Sorting by file name often doesn't give the correct sort order.  Chunks of files will be out of order - maybe a stackng issue, but if I "expand all stacks" and set order to file name, any reason that would be a problem?   Another example - when I ctrl e (choosing tif export) the tif file will pop into the grid view, but not next to the file being converted.  Clicking include in stack with original doesn't make any difference.

I'm really liking the Library tools that help you sort through and prioritize a large shoot.

tia...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 05:48:56 pm by Tim Gray »

jliechty

Some Lightroom Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 06:04:27 pm »

1.  Is there any way to make the side panels sticky closed.  I'll often drift into the hot zone and accidentally activate the panel.  I'd like to not have them "fly over" active.
I don't have enough experience to help you with the rest, but this one is relatively simple. Right-click on the black border between the outer edge of a panel and the window border, and select "Auto hide." This will make the panels disappear automatically, but not reappear automatically; you'll have to click to bring them back, though they'll still disappear when you move away.

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
Some Lightroom Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 11:50:13 am »

Hi Tim,

2) I haven't found a way to not have the -edit in the file name... for now I'm living with it.

3) I found numerous sorting challenges when going from B4.1 to V1.0.  I dumped my metadata to XMP files, deleted the Lightroom database and then re-imported.  This still keeps the ratings, keywords, changes, etc. but doesn't keep the history.  After doing this Lightroom is behaving much better.

Kelly
Pages: [1]   Go Up