Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WATCH OUT FOR NEW FLEXCOLOR V. 4.6.7!  (Read 2816 times)

doogles

WATCH OUT FOR NEW FLEXCOLOR V. 4.6.7!
« on: March 03, 2007, 03:20:24 pm »

I was on a auto shoot using the Hasselblad CF-39 a few weeks ago.  In some of the highlights, a funky looking green or pink grid pattern started to show up.  Apperently it has something to do with the new Intel Macs.  When I talked to Hasselblad/Imacon, they suggested I process files on a G5 to get rid of the issue.  It worked.

Yesterday I received an email from one of the techs saying they fixed the problem and made available Flexcolor v. 4.6.7.  After the firmware was installed, the camera back started having issues turning back on.  When we tried to tether to the computer, it wouldn't let us.  Then my computer started ejecting my external hard drives improperly, giving me the Device Removal warning.    Also, I switched to another computer and still could not get it tethered.  

I will be calling the company on Monday to give them an ear full.  In the mean time, be careful using the new software, or maybe don't use it at all.

Please post any info or experiences you've had with the new software if you have already tried it out.

Thanks,

Doug

Nick_T

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 06:27:27 pm »

Yesterday I received an email from one of the techs saying they fixed the problem and made available Flexcolor v. 4.6.7.  After the firmware was installed, the camera back started having issues turning back on. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104447\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Doug
Did you follow the on-screen prompts when updating the firmware, ie disconnecting the camera and powering down before hitting O.K?

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

doogles

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 06:34:18 pm »

Yes, the window poped up and I followed the instructions.  After that, it was downhill.  Is it working OK for you?

josayeruk

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 07:05:58 pm »

Yes, the window poped up and I followed the instructions.  After that, it was downhill.  Is it working OK for you?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104463\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Its certainly working on for me.  

Did you power down the camera after taking out / replacing the firewire?

doogles

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 07:35:01 pm »

The pop up with the instructions came up on the screen, we turned off the back, disconnected the firewire, then clicked OK as instructed.  After the screen said everything was successful, we hooked everything back up as normal.  That's when problems occured.  It's good to hear that you have not had issues, hopefully the issues will get resolved.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up