Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Troubleshooting Canon i9950  (Read 4236 times)

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Troubleshooting Canon i9950
« on: March 03, 2007, 01:08:37 pm »

My Canon i9950 (aka i9900) is acting strangely. It's on but XP claims it's offline when trying to print. Everything appears to be fine: when I turn it on the USB connecting "ding" is audible, printer head does its little dance, etc. But it won't print due to it being offline - not even printer head cleaning and other maintenance actions work due to this.

Anyone ran into the same problem? Anything I should try? Should I just try to get this in with warranty?

d2frette

• http://
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:37:33 am »

In the print dialog (or print control panel), can you right-click and set to Use Printer Online?
David M. Frette.  
Programming, Photo

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 11:10:10 am »

In the print dialog (or print control panel), can you right-click and set to Use Printer Online?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104552\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, that put me on the right path. I noticed I had two i9950 in my control panel which apparently conflicted. Even after I had only 1 left, Windows insisted on adding so there were two - gotta love Windows. I deleted them both and installed the drivers again. Now everything works fine  Thanks again!

Steve Morton

• http://www.stevemortonphotography.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 02:28:41 pm »

Thanks, that put me on the right path. I noticed I had two i9950 in my control panel which apparently conflicted. Even after I had only 1 left, Windows insisted on adding so there were two - gotta love Windows. I deleted them both and installed the drivers again. Now everything works fine :) Thanks again!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104567\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just for your interest, I have four version of the i9950 driver loaded, each with a different set of printer parameters set as the default.  There is one with the printer set for ordinary paper, with everything else fully auto, that I use for day to day printing, then one with Premium Photo Glossy paper, one with Matte paper and one with PPPG paper (can't remember what that stands for, even though it is the one I use most!).  These are used for photo printing, and all other parameters apart from the media type, are the 'do nothing' settings that I used when I made the relevant profiles, which are now set as the defaults.  Now, when I want to print a photo, I simply select the correct profile in Photoshop printer dialogue, then select the appropriate 'printer' from the drop down list. O/S is Windows XP, and it seems to tolerate this 'abuse' quite happily.

Cheers.

Steve Morton
Pages: [1]   Go Up