Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: meaning of numbers in LR Library panel  (Read 5662 times)

lucien

meaning of numbers in LR Library panel
« on: March 02, 2007, 09:31:47 pm »

Hi,

I've been doing some reorganising of the files in my LR library, and for the most part everything looks good. But now I'm left with the following in the Library panel at the top right:

All Photographs     2310/2502
Missing Files       10/0

... and I can't figure out what the numbers mean. Why the slashes? I don't see definitions anywhere in the documentation. When I click on missing, there are no photos displayed, so where does the 10 come from??

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Lucien

francofit

• http://
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 03:42:27 am »

..All Photographs     2310/2502
Missing Files       10/0
... and I can't figure out what the numbers mean. Why the slashes? I don't see definitions anywhere in the documentation. When I click on missing, there are no photos displayed, so where does the 10 come from??
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you have stacks (as I think you have), while the second number (2502) tells you the total number of every image you got,   the first one (2310) tells you how many objects you can see at the moment, because some of your images are collapsed into one stack. Try expand all your stacks and you will see the to numbers become equal.

"Missing Files       10/0":  
10 images are no more where they were when you imported them (may be moved or removed or renamed -?- from the file system)

P.S.: I knew that thanks to the [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/videos/LR-V1.shtml?main_page=%20product_info&cPath=13_14_16&products_id=126]LL LightRoom Tutorial[/url]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 03:45:56 am by francofit »
Franco

francois

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 04:27:31 am »

Hi,

I've been doing some reorganising of the files in my LR library, and for the most part everything looks good. But now I'm left with the following in the Library panel at the top right:
All Photographs     2310/2502
Missing Files       10/0

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Lucien
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104344\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Did you stack some of your photos?
2502 represents the total number of your photos and 2310 the ones that are visible. Missing files are the ones that are no available, you may have moved them or renamed files/folders.
Francois

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 07:11:02 am »

Virtual copies?

lucien

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 02:21:39 pm »

Did you stack some of your photos?
2502 represents the total number of your photos and 2310 the ones that are visible. Missing files are the ones that are no available, you may have moved them or renamed files/folders.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104377\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I did indeed stack some, so that explains the firs set of numbers. As for the missing ones, how do I find them if none show up (not even with little question marks) when I click on that filter? I'd love to know which ones have gone missing.

Thanks,
lucien

lucien

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 02:22:16 pm »

Virtual copies?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104386\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
John,

I haven't made any virtual copies. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
lucien

lucien

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 02:24:15 pm »

If you have stacks (as I think you have), while the second number (2502) tells you the total number of every image you got,   the first one (2310) tells you how many objects you can see at the moment, because some of your images are collapsed into one stack. Try expand all your stacks and you will see the to numbers become equal.

"Missing Files       10/0":   
10 images are no more where they were when you imported them (may be moved or removed or renamed -?- from the file system)

P.S.: I knew that thanks to the LL LightRoom Tutorial
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104371\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Whoops. Missed this reply until now. Thanks for this.

Any idea how I can make LR show me which files it thinks are missing? Clicking on the number doesn't show any images.

Thanks.

francofit

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 03:13:29 pm »

....Any idea how I can make LR show me which files it thinks are missing? Clicking on the number doesn't show any images.

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104443\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have done a quick test and clicking on the "Missing Files" filter I get displayed the images not found anymore (those with question mark).
You say also that you do not see any with question mark, I soppose browsing the entire library...
so, I don't know what to think...
some kind of db corruption?
Have you tried a Database Integrity check ?
Franco

lucien

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 12:24:02 am »

I have done a quick test and clicking on the "Missing Files" filter I get displayed the images not found anymore (those with question mark).
You say also that you do not see any with question mark, I soppose browsing the entire library...
so, I don't know what to think...
some kind of db corruption?
Have you tried a Database Integrity check ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104446\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Okay, i think it was db corruption. I did the check, and it didn't report any errors, but it DID silently fix the problem. The missing files now show up.

Thanks for your help.

:-)

Lucien

francofit

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 03:28:10 am »

Okay, i think it was db corruption. I did the check, and it didn't report any errors, but it DID silently fix the problem. The missing files now show up.

Thanks for your help.

:-)

Lucien
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104512\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You are welcome.
Glad you solved your problem.
This experience has been useful to me too: now I know that it's not a waste of time running the db check more often than not.
Franco
Pages: [1]   Go Up