Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon, exchange my new 350D, please !  (Read 5040 times)

drh681

Canon, exchange my new 350D, please !
« on: July 01, 2005, 01:13:52 am »

it just sounds like a dead pixel in the LCD; does it show up in your down loads? or the prints?

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 05:51:23 am »

Thierry,

The only solution I see is to sell all your Canon gear and to buy into Nikon...

Just kidding of course.

I guess that you have already checked the mirror and the lower surface (mirror side) of the prism?

Otherwise, you can perhaps try to by-pass Canon Benelux and to contact directly Canon Japan? I am not sure that it would work though...

Regards,
Bernard

thierrylegros396

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 12:18:24 pm »

But it is a black dot, and there from day zero !
Have seen it 4 or 5 Days after buying it, because I don't shoot uniform surfaces every Day.

Jonathan, did you buy a new camera with a black dot in the viewfinder, whatever the price ?

Yes, Bernard, I've cleaned mirror, and pentamirror with special "extremely low residue tabs", but the dot is still there.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 08:10:22 pm »

Jonathan, did you buy a new camera with a black dot in the viewfinder, whatever the price ?
I have a stuck pixel in the rear color LCD of my 1Ds. I also have a dust speck between the focus screen and pentaprism, but it doesn't eat much, so I don't bother it. If I ever change the focus screeen, I may evict it, but it really isn't worth the hassle. It makes no sense for me to give up the use of an income-producing tool for a period of days or weeks unless the "problem" affects the operation of the camera or my ability to use it to capture great images, or compromises the quality of the results.

Dust happens; either learn how to deal with it or live with it. Expecting Canon to exchange your camera over a dust speck in the viewfinder is simply ridiculous.

thierrylegros396

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 12:31:25 pm »

I've bought an EOS 350D the 24th of May.
A few days later, I discover a very visible black point in the viewer, shooting something uniformly white.
According to Canon, it was just too late for an exchange (9 Days).
So, my reseller send it back to Canon Europe repair service.
4 weeks later, it comes back with one note: nothing has been found according to our quality criteria !
But I can teel you, that when you knows where it is, everybody sees that black point, abd it's not dust !
So, what can I do.
I'm a very good Canon customer (several bodies, lenses, printers,...).
Very disapointed.
Canon, react, make an exchange, please!

thierrylegros396

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 05:33:22 am »

No, LCD is OK !

And taken pictures are good.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 09:55:48 am »

No, LCD is OK !

And taken pictures are good.
Then it's a dust speck in the viewfinder somewhere, which is a stupid reason to return/exchange the camera, as it has zero effect on the camera's ability to do its job or the quailty of its output. Dust specks are a fact of life for SLR users, both on the viewfinder focus screen (which is what you have now) and the sensor, which you will have eventually and must learn to deal with. No SLR maker is going to exchange cameras every time dust gets in the viewfinder or on the sensor; they'd be doing nothing but exchanging cameras constantly if they did. Did you try looking at the focus screen and cleaning it?

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 03:24:21 pm »

So clean it.  Whoopdie do bassil!
Pages: [1]   Go Up