Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to buy a SLR digital camera.  (Read 3593 times)

Anil

I want to buy a SLR digital camera.
« on: March 01, 2007, 07:17:19 am »

I want to buy a camera with detachable lens , atleast 6mega pixels and it should be economical . so please suggest me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 07:21:11 am by Anil »

SeanBK

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 10:13:42 am »

Check out
   http://dpreview.com/
   It is not easy to reply your post. Your needs, shooting habits...... way too many features to even bother to list, so Anil, do your home work, do some tire kicking (go to stores feel the cameras, options...) then buy something, be unhappy, crave what if & go thru' this process all over next year when something better comes along. Thats how we all do, in meantime we shoot pictures.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 10:14:57 am by SeanBK »

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 11:38:19 am »

Pentax K110D is about as cheap as they get right now.  Nice 6mp camera.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 01:32:37 pm »

Anil:  I'd go with what Sean said.  While individuals can have a specific camera preference or recommendation (ie this is NOT a jab at DarkPenguin's post), if ever you walk into a camera store and tell the clerk you want a camera and s/he takes one off the shelf and says, 'THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED', then leave.  Say thanks or have a nice day, but go to a different store and find a knowledgeable clerk who is willing to spend an hour or two or whatever with you.  Hold the camera in your hand, see how it feels to you, if you like the button placement, etc.  Then try another one, and another.  When you get down to two or three that you like, take the nice clerk's business card and go home.  Think about it.  Remember features and controls that you did or didn't like.  Maybe do some 'net reviews.  Then go back and find the clerk who has invested his or her time with you, and make your decision from there.  There are a number of very good manufacturers out there - Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pentax to name a few, but only you can tell what will work for you.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

DarkPenguin

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 01:46:04 pm »

Good advice.  As I've encountered exactly one photo store employee that I didn't want to stab I'm not sure how easy it is to put into practice.

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 12:43:00 pm »

Good advice.  As I've encountered exactly one photo store employee that I didn't want to stab I'm not sure how easy it is to put into practice.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104030\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Although I wuld like to say most camera at similar price point perform pretty much the same, Canon 400D seemed to be a logical choice, not because it is step above the competitors of same class but Canon does offer a clear up-grade path with no just resolution increase, shoot faster, stronger body but also sensor size.  Canon is so far the only maker offer very low to very top -as far as 35mm type DSLR is concern.
Personal point of view, I do not work for Canon.

SkipMartin

• http://
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 08:25:46 pm »

Although I wuld like to say most camera at similar price point perform pretty much the same, Canon 400D seemed to be a logical choice, not because it is step above the competitors of same class but Canon does offer a clear up-grade path with no just resolution increase, shoot faster, stronger body but also sensor size.  Canon is so far the only maker offer very low to very top -as far as 35mm type DSLR is concern.
Personal point of view, I do not work for Canon.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104252\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree.  With Canon (or Nikion, for that matter) you can start out nearly as cheap as with the other brands, but if you get the bug, you can upgrade and spend as much money as you feel like.  Everybody has to have their expensive hobby, right?

I started few years ago with a Canon 200D, wore that one out through use and abuse.  But not neglect, I facny myself an outdoor photographer and that camera went everywhere with me.  Once I felt like it was time for an upgrade, I got a new fancier camera (30D) and all my lenses and batteries went right along.  

I'm not an expert, but I'm glad I got a brand that I could easily upgrade little bit of my system at a time and that a lot of info is avaiable about.

Just my two cents, but go Nikon or Canon.  Get the kit lens and get out and shoot!

Skip
I apologize in advance for typing/gramma

marcmccalmont

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 10:38:16 pm »

The problem with Canon is they don't have a single lens solution with image stabilization. Nikon does the 18-200 VR so I'd recommend picking the lens first then the body.
Marc
Marc McCalmont
Pages: [1]   Go Up