Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imacon 132C 22 megapixel back  (Read 21082 times)

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Imacon 132C 22 megapixel back
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 01:39:48 pm »

pss & John,

You make  very valid points,  I will weight the options.

best,
db
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104303\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
sorry david to keep bringing things up....but i just came across an image of the 132c....is this the imacon that does not accept flashcards? if so i would seriously reconsider...i used to own a leaf valeo and while the imagebank can be nice (i sometimes wish i had the option now), it makes handheld shooting akward.....you are always attached to a weight, no matter how small, if you have it n your belt, you can't put the camera down...you always have to think about it....again it can be nice to have, just hanging from the tripod, but with 4 and 8gb cards available and getting cheaper 200shots on one card are no problem...without having to worry about the cable and extra 2 pounds hanging from it.....
with the deal that john pointed out (all phase backs can get a deal with a mamiya 645) and all the advantages of getting a new kit with full warranty and the chance to trade in the P20 for probably 5-6000 towards the next back......the imacon looks overpriced.....if you shoot landscapes only on tripod....go for the imacon (for a little less money)....
btw: i have no financial gain in any way if you buy any back from any company...just trying to help...

BobDavid

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 05:39:09 pm »

The Imagebank is fine. I find it better than CF cards as it is so fast. Images pop right up on the screen when you plug it into the computer. The battery gives it 8 hours of run time. It's light, I clip it onto my belt and forget about it. The only downside is that the cables are expensive to replace.

SeanFS

• http://www.seanshadbolt.co.nz
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 08:37:01 pm »

I agree with both, I can spend a lot of time downloading cards from the 1ds2 and the imagebank wins there for immediate viewing, but the weight and cable can be a nuisance if you shoot a lot hand held ( I don' t, so its not too much of a problem - I also use a really long cable so I don't have to drag the imagebank around a studio with me if I don't feel like it ) but then you don' t have to stop to change cards either.
  Anecdotally ,  photographers who have tested  other backs have told me they felt keeping the battery and heat generating gear ( like CF card writing stuff ) probably helped image quality as the back ran cooler -  I haven't  done this comparison myself but it does seem logical.
 I can shoot as fast as my venerable ELX can go to the imagebank so for that reason its a big plus for me.
I note Hasselblad seemed on the verge of dropping the image tank idea with the onset of bigger CF cards and their new generation CF backs but have retained the ability to use either due to ( apparent )customer demand.

The Imagebank is fine. I find it better than CF cards as it is so fast. Images pop right up on the screen when you plug it into the computer. The battery gives it 8 hours of run time. It's light, I clip it onto my belt and forget about it. The only downside is that the cables are expensive to replace.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104455\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

godtfred

• http://
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 03:47:22 am »

I note Hasselblad seemed on the verge of dropping the image tank idea with the onset of bigger CF cards and their new generation CF backs but have retained the ability to use either due to ( apparent )customer demand.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104682\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Also the ImageBank II (for the newer CF backs from HB) powers the back when used on a viewcamera or similar, so you dont need to tether (due to the H3D and CFH backs not having an internal battery, but using that of the H1/H2/H3 body.) I think this is where a lot of the demand comes from (at least my demand did    )

-axel
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 03:25:45 pm »

Also the ImageBank II (for the newer CF backs from HB) powers the back when used on a viewcamera or similar, so you dont need to tether (due to the H3D and CFH backs not having an internal battery, but using that of the H1/H2/H3 body.) I think this is where a lot of the demand comes from (at least my demand did    )

-axel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104742\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i think that the imagebank is a great idea....but i would much rather have the OPTION to use it....it is only slightly more convenient then shooting tethered without most of the advantages....

Wim van Velzen

• http://www.fotografiewimvanvelzen.nl
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 03:35:04 pm »

I have been using the 132c for some months now for portraiture and landscape and find the imagebank a good thing as you can go on shooting and you can easily transfer images to the computer.

As long as I am using a tripod, it just hangs there almost unnoticed. Shooting handheld is not more difficult, as long as keep the imagebank in a secure position on your body (I often hang it just around my neck, which looks a bit strange but works great).
Of course having the option not to use it would be nice, but I wouldn.t pay a large sum just to have a back without.
I don't have a signature.

ixpressraf

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2007, 07:50:19 pm »

I can completely concur with wim, most of the time yhe image bank is a Godsent gift from heaven. You can keep on schooting and schooting ( fantastic with aereal photography and fashion). But sometimes a cf card would be nice. However, I am at this very moment waiting for the bank for my CF39 back.
The 132c is a great back and worth every penny or cent. Plus you can simply upgrade to the CF product or the 39Mp ( as i did)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up