Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mirror Bounce H2 vs Mamiya  (Read 2367 times)

stevecoleccs

• http://www.stevecole.com
Mirror Bounce H2 vs Mamiya
« on: February 27, 2007, 05:37:14 pm »

Hello All - OK I know for a fact many photographers receive a burly image with a H2 or H1 shooting
hand held at 1/60th - including me.  My question is does anyone have any experience shooting
hand held at 1/60 with the Mamiya 645 AFll ?

Many Thanks to anyone with "Experience" with this subject.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 07:09:09 pm »

Hello All - OK I know for a fact many photographers receive a burly image with a H2 or H1 shooting
hand held at 1/60th - including me.  My question is does anyone have any experience shooting

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103588\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

if you don't have a problem with the H, you won't have a problem with the mamiya...i can shoot handheld at slower speeds with the RZ then with the H.....
considerably less slap with the mamiya...

Boris_Epix

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 08:54:51 pm »

hand held at 1/60th - including me.  My question is does anyone have any experience shooting

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103588\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Steve,

I had exactly the same thing. I was bothered most with shots 1/30sec or slower. 1/60 can be bad too at times. With the RZ I shot down at 1/8 sec and 110mm and received sharp frames. With the 1Ds MK2 I'm often shooting at ISO 800 and 1/10sec with 200mm and image stabilisation (shooting bursts of 3 images to reduce camerashake of the frame in the middle). Works fine. I certainly FEEL the mirror slap with the H1 while I don't feel a slap with the RZ. Maybe it has to do (beside other stuff) that the H1 will lower the mirror immediately after raising it while the RZ needs to be winded after the shot to lower the mirror again.

This shot was snapped with the RZ67 Pro II at 1/15sec

This shot was captured at 1/30sec:

Best thing about the RZ ... it's a real camera without problems and you can count on it every day :-P  Personally I don't like the 645 AFD's as they focus like a truck (has a "gears are getting crunched" feel to it.

Cheers

Boris

stevecoleccs

• http://www.stevecole.com
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 06:10:49 pm »

needs to be winded after the shot to lower the mirror again.

This shot was snapped with the RZ67 Pro II at 1/15sec

Thanks Boris, I think I have the answer already, I just need someone to confirm it. my shoots
sometimes are natural light, handholding the 1ds mkll is no problem, I shot with the H2 & there
is no way I can shoot that slow, tripod is too "steadfast"?  & not spontaneous enought for me.

I have not shot with the RZ, but before I plunge into the MF area I think it's best to rent
one with a digital back, thanks for your reply & image.  

~ steve cole
Pages: [1]   Go Up