Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta 4 -> 1.0 Upgrade process  (Read 2163 times)

macgyver

Beta 4 -> 1.0 Upgrade process
« on: February 26, 2007, 10:12:46 pm »

Quick question for those who have made the jump, I think I'm going to purchase LR in the next few days and I'm curious as to how the upgrade goes.  Will any of my pictures be affected, or the library or anything along those lines?  Or will it work, I am assuming, like the Beta Updates did?

-mac

Rusty

• http://www.woodsgift.ca/
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 12:07:14 am »

Piece of cake, every thing seems in order. with the beta I used ACDsee to move all my files from card to hard drive then imported to lightroom. I am set to reference files in their original location. I have one import batch that I may of imorted directly into LR and that shows red and I cannot locate those files in LR. At least I think that is the issue, it was my first import and don't remember exactly.
Otherwise all my edits in beta 4 stand and show up in 1.0 I'm still a newbie but if it worked for me it sure should for you

Woodcorner

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 02:17:37 am »

On his "Lightroom Blog", Sean McCormack has put up a short tutorial video on upgrading from beta to 1.0:

Upgrading your Beta4 Library to Version 1

Even though upgrading is fairly straight forward, the video helped a lot in getting the transition from "Shoots" to the new folder structure up and running.

If you're on Windows, make sure to uninstall the beta version as pointed out in the Readme.

Cheers,

Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up