Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with PSC3 Beta  (Read 7296 times)

Ray

Problems with PSC3 Beta
« on: February 26, 2007, 12:41:57 pm »

What the heck is going on here? I thought beta CS3 was available to all owners of photoshop. I spent 22 hours downloading the program on a 56k modem. I now find I have 2 days trail. When I input my serial number for CS2 and/or CS3, it doesn't work. I get a red X sign.

The window also has a link to 'buy the product'. Clicking on the link produces, 'Error: Page not found.'

gdeliz

Problems with PSC3 Beta
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:38:51 pm »

What the heck is going on here? I thought beta CS3 was available to all owners of photoshop. I spent 22 hours downloading the program on a 56k modem. I now find I have 2 days trail. When I input my serial number for CS2 and/or CS3, it doesn't work. I get a red X sign.

The window also has a link to 'buy the product'. Clicking on the link produces, 'Error: Page not found.'
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Only the CS3 serial number can be used for activation. On the Mac you must be using OS 10.4.8.  On the PC you must have either Vista or XP with service pack 2.
I think you must also have CS2 installed on the same volume that you install CS3.
See [a href=\"http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=72&catid=626&threadid=1223864&enterthread=y]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/for...4&enterthread=y[/url]  for FAQs.

George Deliz

Ray

Problems with PSC3 Beta
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 01:55:24 pm »

Only the CS3 serial number can be used for activation. On the Mac you must be using OS 10.4.8.  On the PC you must have either Vista or XP with service pack 2.
I think you must also have CS2 installed on the same volume that you install CS3.
See http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/for...4&enterthread=y  for FAQs.

George Deliz
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103291\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have CS 2 installed on my Dual Core Pentium 4, 3Ghz, Win XP 64 bit edition computer. But the CS2 serial no. is not recognised when I input it in the CS3 window.

Q. Who is eligible for the Photoshop CS3 beta?
A. The Photoshop CS3 beta is available in English only but to Photoshop CS2 users
worldwide. It is available to licensed users of either the Photoshop CS2 (full, upgrade,
and education), Adobe Creative Suite 2.x Standard or Premium (full, upgrade, and
education), Adobe Production Studio Standard and Premium (full, upgrade, and
education), Adobe Video Bundle (full, upgrade, and education) or Adobe Web Bundle
(full, upgrade, and education). You will need to provide your Photoshop CS2, Creative
Suite, Production Studio or Bundle serial number in order to get a Photoshop CS3 beta
serial number, enabling you to activate the Photoshop beta and use it beyond the 2-day

By the way, I tried a 33 image stitch in Photomerge, each image 16 bit taken with my 20D.  It couldn't handle it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 02:01:25 pm by Ray »

DarkPenguin

Problems with PSC3 Beta
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 01:58:05 pm »

Are you trying to input your cs2 sn into cs3?

Ray

Problems with PSC3 Beta
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 02:04:39 pm »

Are you trying to input your cs2 sn into cs3?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103297\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When I open CS3, I get a window advising me this is a trial version and an option to input a serial no. or buy the product.

My CS2 serial no. doesn't work and the buy option doesn't work.

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
Problems with PSC3 Beta
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 02:38:36 pm »

Might not remember this right, but wasn't the process to enter the CS2 serial on the Adobe website someplace, and that gave you a serial for the beta?

craigfraser

Problems with PSC3 Beta
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 02:42:17 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103271\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Ray,

Agreed, it sucks, 2 days is rubbish, I have spent longer in bed!  Hopefully it is some sort of error and will sort itself out.  Was quite enjoying using it as well.

craig

gdeliz

Problems with PSC3 Beta
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 02:51:34 pm »

Might not remember this right, but wasn't the process to enter the CS2 serial on the Adobe website someplace, and that gave you a serial for the beta?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103311\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Correct. You go to the CS3 web page and enter your CS2 serial number and Adobe replies with a serial number to be used to activate CS3.

George Deliz

plugsnpixels

• http://www.plugsandpixels.com
Problems with PSC3 Beta
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 04:26:04 pm »

At the beginning of the availability of the CS3 beta, there was all kinds of grief getting the beta working with an acceptable serial number. Some tried using their CS2 serial, which doesn't work. Others used their CS2 serial to generate a CS3 number from Adobe's website, but they didn't always work.

Then there are those folks in education who have blanket corporate serials–once one person used it to generate a CS3 number for their workstation, the rest in the system were out of luck ("number has already been used"). To my knowledge and in my own experience, this has not been resolved–or if it has, Adobe has not yet bothered to tell me in response to my forum posts and email requests.

Check the Adobe CS3 forum and search for "serial" to view the relevant threads.
Digital imaging blog, software discounts:
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

DarkPenguin

Problems with PSC3 Beta
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 05:36:49 pm »

When I open CS3, I get a window advising me this is a trial version and an option to input a serial no. or buy the product.

My CS2 serial no. doesn't work and the buy option doesn't work.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103301\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You have to request a cs3 SN from the adobe website.

Ray

Problems with PSC3 Beta
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 09:29:22 pm »

Okay! Thanks for all your advice. It's now sorted. Product registered and activated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up