Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Horseman SW-D II  (Read 3035 times)

Khun_K

• http://
Horseman SW-D II
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:38:47 am »

Just curious if anyone tried the Horseman SW-D II?

Gary Yeowell

Horseman SW-D II
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 12:22:45 pm »

Yes tried it and loved it! well almost,  unfortunately the lens was not correctly calibrated to the body and so every image was soft. I have not had the chance to re-visit the camera as it went back for calibration. The lens used was the Rodenstock 35 digitar, and in use the camera was a joy as was the small size and actual build quality - just a shame the thing was out of whack.

Gary.

Steve_Townsend

• Commercial Property Photography
Horseman SW-D II
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 04:44:27 pm »

I bought the Horseman but sent it back.  Didn't really mind no gearing but the lock screws are so small to stop the back sliding on occassions.  Mine was totally out of focus adjustment as well.  And I wouldn't like to use it with more than one lens!!  Four more fiddly screws.  Great idea but an erogonic nightmare.  

Got the Cambo WDS.  That is not perfect but I am and much happier.

Steve Townsend

PatrikR

• http://www.patrikraski.com
Horseman SW-D II
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 03:32:51 pm »

Mine was totally out of focus adjustment as well.

Hi,

I tried it too and had a great experience. Tried stitching two images together and got a huge file. The 35mm lens was sharp with no distortion.

Do you mean the lens was out of focus by lens markings or how? It's a view camera type system so I don't understand how it was out of focus... Where you not able to focus the lens at all?

Regards,

Patrik
Patrik Raski - Espoo, Finland

Gary Yeowell

Horseman SW-D II
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 03:52:40 pm »

The camera was focussed at all distances with various subjects including infinity for a far away cityscape, and all were soft. The closest to something being sharp was with the subject just a few inches away. All focussing was done via the scale, so the mount must have been set incorrectly. I have a feeling that i was using the same camera as Steve Townsend (above) .

Gary.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 03:54:37 pm by Gary Yeowell »
Pages: [1]   Go Up