Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR web pages - navigation links / multiple pages?  (Read 3017 times)

darrelleifert

LR web pages - navigation links / multiple pages?
« on: February 25, 2007, 11:24:55 am »

Hi Folks --

I'm just about to plunk down my hard-earned for LR v.1 after working with the Beta.  I'm currently developing a website for retired photojournalist Ivan Massar, with scans of his negatives stretching from Paris in the 40s up through the 50s working with Roy Stryker and the Pittsburg steel mills and then through the civil rights movement.  Ivan is somewhat concerned about image theft, so the Flash web page option is very attractive, as it gets around the "right click / save image" problem.

Question:  is it possible to add some kind of "return to home" or "Main Galleries" link to individual pages generated with the "Web Page Gallery" option?  I have about 8 galleries to create, each of which should link in sequence, as well as back to the home page - example:

Paris, 1949 <-- Communist Europe --> March on  Washington

with "Europe" being the gallery page currently on display, along with a button/link back to home page.

I'm assuming that the target audience for LR (high volume, commercial photographers) would need this kind of capability to create / upload multiple shoots for a variety of clients.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Cheers,
-- Darrell

seanmcfoto

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 12:56:01 pm »

Sure. use a href instead of mailto in the Contact info section
Sean McCormack
[url=http://lightroom.sea

darrelleifert

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 01:15:24 pm »

Hi Sean --

Thanks for the tip -- I tried putting just "www.homepage.com" into the Contacts slot on the LR Beta 4 Web tab, which didn't work.  Do you actually have to use the <a href ... code?

-- Darrell

Sure. use a href instead of mailto in the Contact info section
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103020\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

seanmcfoto

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 04:45:07 am »

Beta 4 was so long ago for me!
I think it needed the a href then, but no brackets.
In V1 you put the url in the 'web or mail link' box and text in the Contact Info box
Sean McCormack
[url=http://lightroom.sea

darrelleifert

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 09:37:39 am »

Thanks Sean -- I suspected it was something in B4.  I'll wait for v.1 before asking more question on the subject.

-- Darrell
Pages: [1]   Go Up