Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome home, Michael  (Read 4817 times)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Welcome home, Michael
« on: February 25, 2007, 09:13:05 am »

Welcome home!

We missed you. I do hope you brought your trained penguin home with you so he can pose in other unlikely locations, popping up unexpectedly.    

Delightful picture to see on the home page.

Best,
Eric
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 09:13:28 am by EricM »
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

katemann

Welcome home, Michael
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 09:30:23 am »

Welcome home indeed. We've been waiting to see what you guys did on your trip.

The penguin, iceberg, sea creature shot is amazing. What a wonderful planet!

framah

Welcome home, Michael
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 04:21:25 pm »

A few days before you are due back, I start getting antsy waiting for the new shot on the home page to pop up and as usual, you didn't disapoint!!

Very nicely done!!

Eventually, I'll get down there with you all.  For now, I must continue to keep the homefires (and the business fires) burning.

Thanks Michael!!
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

michael

Welcome home, Michael
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 05:19:30 pm »

Thanks all for your comments. More to come soon. I just have to catch up on 3 weeks of missed emails, bills, letters, phone calls and such first.

Michael

Ray

Welcome home, Michael
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 09:30:31 pm »

Welcome back, Michael. It has occurred to me quite often that a passion for photography often results in one visiting places that one might not otherwise visit, especially when such visits involve a considerable degree of discomfort.

I consider this to be a very positive benefit flowing from a passion for photography.

I also like your first image from this trip on the home page.

DarkPenguin

Welcome home, Michael
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 12:21:47 am »

Welcome home!

We missed you. I do hope you brought your trained penguin home with you so he can pose in other unlikely locations, popping up unexpectedly.     

Delightful picture to see on the home page.

Best,
Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102955\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's clearly a penguin squeak toy borrowed from the lito deck of the Antarctic princess cruise ship he was on.  In fact I think that whole thing was shot in the ships pool.  I think I see Isaac in the background...

(I forgot to say welcome back.  So, welcome back!)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 12:22:33 am by DarkPenguin »

CVYE

Welcome home, Michael
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 08:23:35 am »

The most interesting thing about the 'King Penguin Conference', to me, was the depth of field, where all foreground birds were in crisp focus, leaving the remainder of the herd (?) as backdrop blur...what was the f-stop and focal-length, and was this planned?

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
Welcome home, Michael
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 12:31:17 pm »

The most interesting thing about the 'King Penguin Conference', to me, was the depth of field, where all foreground birds were in crisp focus, leaving the remainder of the herd (?) as backdrop blur...what was the f-stop and focal-length, and was this planned?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103737\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Of course it was planned ;-)

Michael was shooting with the Hasselblad on that shot -- the birds at the foreground were probably 2-3 meters away.  With that being the case, I would imagine that anything from f/4 to f/8 would give the suitable blur.  I can't calculate the focal length for a medium format camera... maybe a 150 mm lens? or 80 mm 35mm equivalent?
Pages: [1]   Go Up