Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RRS BH-55 VS Markins Q-3 Tripod Ballhead  (Read 6549 times)

Killer Angel

RRS BH-55 VS Markins Q-3 Tripod Ballhead
« on: February 25, 2007, 04:22:48 am »

For those of you out there who has had tried both the RRS BH-55 and Markins Q-3 tripod ballheads,which among the two did you like more?And why?Which among the two also is better built and easier to use?
THANKS.

Ted Harris

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 02:53:31 pm »

For this sort of ballhead the Novoflex Classic 3 and Classic 5 are probably the best of the bunch.  I think I have used most ballheads availabl and I find the Novoflex heads to b the nhands down winner for ballheads.  They are tighter, they work more smoothly and th three notches are a dream.  Most of th others are just copycats of each other and the original Arca.

aaykay

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 05:04:35 pm »

For those of you out there who has had tried both the RRS BH-55 and Markins Q-3 tripod ballheads,which among the two did you like more?And why?Which among the two also is better built and easier to use?
THANKS.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102922\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I tried out the Q3-Emille and found that it was built very well and if you are interested in an extremely light-weight ballhead, with a reasonable amount of load capacity, this is it.

I finally went for the new Arca Swiss Z1 SP, which was only around $30 more than the Q3, at $307 and had a load capacity of 130lbs, while being fairly lightweight at 1.4lbs.

Slough

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 07:06:01 am »

They are totally different heads. The Q3 is a small head maybe okay for a 70-200 F2.8 lens + camera. The BH55 is a whopper.

The Markins M10 is very very well made.

Killer Angel

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 07:45:21 am »

They are totally different heads. The Q3 is a small head maybe okay for a 70-200 F2.8 lens + camera. The BH55 is a whopper.

The Markins M10 is very very well made.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103201\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Anyway,Between Markins and RRS,which tripod ballhead do you  prefer?And why?Granting with they are both carrying the same weight load.
Thanks.

francois

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 08:03:00 am »

Anyway,Between Markins and RRS,which tripod ballhead do you  prefer?And why?Granting with they are both carrying the same weight load.
Thanks.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Not sure if it will you but read Boku's post ([a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10807&view=findpost&p=100581]here[/url]).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 08:05:04 am by francois »
Francois

Slough

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 01:03:55 pm »

Anyway,Between Markins and RRS,which tripod ballhead do you  prefer?And why?Granting with they are both carrying the same weight load.
Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103204\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've never seen or used a BH55. But I discounted it on the grounds of weight and price. Still, your needs are not mine. The BH55 is a bigger head and perhaps can carry a greater load?

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 02:06:32 pm »

Not sure if it will you but read Boku's post (here).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103206\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, I've gone back to using the RRS BH-55 100% of the time. Never an issue. I still haven't sold the Markins, I generally do my eBay "thing" in the late summer when I have more free time.
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b
Pages: [1]   Go Up