Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemuhle fine art pearl. . . .your thoughts?  (Read 3366 times)

gahspidy

• http://www.gahspidy.com
Hahnemuhle fine art pearl. . . .your thoughts?
« on: February 24, 2007, 01:49:52 pm »

Hello ,
I have tried lots of different papers to use with my 2400 printer and have come to settle on Hahnemuhle fine Art Pearl. It has great tones, and combines the benefits of fine art paper with that of a traditional semi gloss surface. I am interested in knowing what others feel about this paper, and if you have tried anything else in it's genre that you may feel is even better.
Thanks.

Avalan

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 02:57:22 pm »

you can find good reviews about this :
LL archives :
                    Hahnemule Fine Art Pearl
                    Innova F -Type Fiba print gloss ultra smooth
                    Crane & Co. Museo Silver Rag
                    Reflections on recent digital paper by Richard Lohman
Also I remember "BOOKSMART" had a good article about this toppic which I could not find the title.

gahspidy

• http://www.gahspidy.com
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 03:19:06 am »

you can find good reviews about this :
LL archives :
                    Hahnemule Fine Art Pearl
                    Innova F -Type Fiba print gloss ultra smooth
                    Crane & Co. Museo Silver Rag
                    Reflections on recent digital paper by Richard Lohman
Also I remember "BOOKSMART" had a good article about this toppic which I could not find the title.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102845\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the reply. I will check on your leads.

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 10:05:28 am »

I like this paper a lot, and use it for most of my black & white prints now. The surface texture and D-max are very similar to those of Crane's silver rag, but the overall color seems more neutral to my eye, whereas the 'natural' paper base of silver rag looks too warm for black & white prints. Epson's premium luster looks quite similar in surface texture, and it's considerably cheaper, but presumably due to optical brighteners Epson's paper looks pretty blue in the highlights by comparison . Innova's fiba-print f-type gloss has a great D-max, but its surface texture (memorably labeled "naugahyde" by Richard Lohman) is pretty ugly.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 10:07:41 am by Geoff Wittig »

pobrien3

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 11:11:50 am »

...Innova's fiba-print f-type gloss has a great D-max, but its surface texture (memorably labeled "naugahyde" by Richard Lohman) is pretty ugly.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102973\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've been freely critical of Innaova's surface texture, but I have to say that on prints larger than A4 the texture becomes less intrusive.  I've produced a number of larger B&W prints on this paper which make FAP look washed out and insipid by comparison.  I find the glistening surface of FAP more distracting than the Innova, more so the larger you go.

Peter

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 12:29:58 pm »

i like the neutral white (not warm and not cool) and the range it is capable of holding.....the texture and surface is perfect and the weight makes it feel like real paper (also easy for handling)...i love it and use it exclusively for my final prints on my 4800...just recommended it to a friend who just bought the 3800, he is very happy as well....coming from pearl surface photo papers, it really is the best solution IMO...
Pages: [1]   Go Up