Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M8, Lightroom, Cannon ipf5000 workflow/settings  (Read 1896 times)

mike_walker

• http://
M8, Lightroom, Cannon ipf5000 workflow/settings
« on: February 24, 2007, 09:11:05 am »

I just received my Leica M8 two days ago and I would like to ask if is there anyone out there using the M8, Adobe Lightroom V1.0, and the Cannon ipf5000 printer?
If so would you please share with me the setup parameters for the software/hardware? I want to make sure I'm using this equipment to the best of its ability and I’m a little confused with the color space, printer settings, ect.
Also has anyone been able to use Jamie’s and Edmunds profiles or any third party profiles with Lightroom? Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike
__

Graham Welland

M8, Lightroom, Cannon ipf5000 workflow/settings
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 10:24:21 am »

In the M8 I set the colour space to be Adobe RGB.

In Lightroom make sure you  use the embedded colour profile vs ACR 3.6 profile in the Camera Calibration tab within Develop. Personally, I find that the standard ACR profile doesn't render greens correctly compared to the camera's embedded profile. I haven't tried the other profiles (which are for C1 anyway). I would expect that you can modify the camera calibration setting to better match these to tweak the magenta rendering etc. I haven't really had any problem using the embedded profile.

From there on in it's just a case of standard colour management. I don't use the Canon but I do use ImagePrint with the Epson 2200. Using a calibrated profile for your printer/paper is essential.

Enjoy the M8 and ignore all the nay-sayers out there! (Almost all of which have never used one let alone own one!). Since I've had mine my D2X's have hardly been used.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 10:41:38 am by gwelland »
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up