Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Hasselblad H3 Deal  (Read 5577 times)

KAP

• http://www.kevinallenphotography.co.uk
The Hasselblad H3 Deal
« on: February 23, 2007, 02:05:38 pm »

Hasselblads new deal on the H3d is very tempting, I have not used the Hasselblad 645 camera so I have a few concerns, 98% of what I shoot is aerial with a 1DsmkII. I would be using the higher speeds when I could, but there have been times when 1/125th or even 1/60th have been needed, I have heard of mirror slap problems, is this real or photographers blaming their equipment. I was using Pentax 67 before the Canon, i was told getting sharp pictures with that was not possible without lifting the mirror up, but it didn't cause me much of a problem. Anything I should know about the Hasselblad that would make it not suitable for aerial shooting?
Is the lens performance good, not Having Zeiss on a 'blad looks like a backward step to me. I'm very interested in the 28mm performance.

Thanks,
Kevin.

Graham Mitchell

The Hasselblad H3 Deal
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 02:40:26 pm »

Can you use a digital view camera? Then you can use a 24mm lens. That's the widest MF digital solution.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
The Hasselblad H3 Deal
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 05:12:49 pm »

Hasselblads new deal on the H3d is very tempting, I have not used the Hasselblad 645 camera so I have a few concerns, 98% of what I shoot is aerial with a 1DsmkII. I would be using the higher speeds when I could, but there have been times when 1/125th or even 1/60th have been needed, I have heard of mirror slap problems, is this real or photographers blaming their equipment. I was using Pentax 67 before the Canon, i was told getting sharp pictures with that was not possible without lifting the mirror up, but it didn't cause me much of a problem. Anything I should know about the Hasselblad that would make it not suitable for aerial shooting?
Is the lens performance good, not Having Zeiss on a 'blad looks like a backward step to me. I'm very interested in the 28mm performance.

Thanks,
Kevin.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102650\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

if you don't have a problem with mirrorslap with the pentax67, you should not have any with the H...it comes in a close second..nothing beats the 67 whack!

Khun_K

• http://
The Hasselblad H3 Deal
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 09:02:20 pm »

if you don't have a problem with mirrorslap with the pentax67, you should not have any with the H...it comes in a close second..nothing beats the 67 whack!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102684\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
While without question that H3D or Pentax 67 are all very capable, I think for the aerial application, a camera with external finder may be more easy to work with since it will allow more eye to finder disyance, Alpa TC12 or WA12 is a very good choice and it goes to 6X9, and without question, it produce least vibration, and work perfect with either film or digital.

Danijela D. Karic

The Hasselblad H3 Deal
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 09:28:58 pm »

While without question that H3D or Pentax 67 are all very capable, I think for the aerial application, a camera with external finder may be more easy to work with since it will allow more eye to finder disyance, Alpa TC12 or WA12 is a very good choice and it goes to 6X9, and without question, it produce least vibration, and work perfect with either film or digital.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102723\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I believe most of the Professional Aerial work is done using ALPA Cameras. Back in the 90s, it was mostly LINHOF. Problems to consider are not only problems with mirror slap, etc. but the lack of ultra fine lenses. Of course if you are looking for one camera fits all: Aerial/Architecture/Fashion/Sport/etc. then Hasselblad/Mamiya/Roellei/Penatx, all of them will do the job.

Regards
Danijela
Pages: [1]   Go Up