Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon to Modify Policy on Defective Ink Cart  (Read 2716 times)

John Hollenberg

Canon to Modify Policy on Defective Ink Cart
« on: February 22, 2007, 12:03:19 am »

New information on the IPF5000 from ColorHQ as of 2/21/07:

"Today we had a meeting with people from Canon. They informed me that an official policy on replacing cartridges will go into effect shortly. It is my understanding that under the new policy customers will be asked for a credit card number up front prior to Canon shipping out the new cartridge. Once the defective cartridge is returned Canon will inspect the cartridge and issue a credit. Please note that if Canon detects any tampering with the cartridge, then no credit will be issued.

Until Canon finalizes this new policy, they have suggested that dealers continue to coordinate the exchange."

http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com

--John

acomj

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 03:59:14 pm »

We will see how this works.  

My blue cartridge (starter) just started showing "not installed".  When removed (shaken to verify ink was still in it) and replaced, it showed up as 100% full for 5 prints, then empty again.  

These forums proved helpfull, as a quick search showed others having the same problem.

I'll post back after I contact canon.

John Hollenberg

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 05:56:17 pm »

My blue cartridge (starter) just started showing "not installed".  When removed (shaken to verify ink was still in it) and replaced, it showed up as 100% full for 5 prints, then empty again. 

I think they have a significant problem with quality control.  You rarely if ever see these kinds of reports for Epson printers, and they probably have an installed base at least 10 times as large.

--John

jpgentry

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 02:24:54 pm »

I think they have a significant problem with quality control.  You rarely if ever see these kinds of reports for Epson printers, and they probably have an installed base at least 10 times as large.

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102472\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is this just with the ipf5000?  I haven't heard anything about nor had any problems with carts on my 8000.  I've been through several series of carts so far...

-Jonathan

John Hollenberg

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 02:29:43 pm »

Is this just with the ipf5000?  I haven't heard anything about nor had any problems with carts on my 8000.  I've been through several series of carts so far...

Haven't heard of any problems with the IPF8000 ink carts, but there are probably a lot more IPF5000 printers out there.  

--John
Pages: [1]   Go Up