Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: General  (Read 2623 times)

latkins

General
« on: February 21, 2007, 04:34:48 pm »

Is anyone out there having problems with film jamming in Nikon's SA-21 Strip-Film Adapter? I have gone through the User's Manual and my film strips appear to meet all the requirements for a successful feed, but unfortunately the film strip stops feeding about a quarter of the way in and I have to eject the film each time. Do you have any ideas what could be wrong? I have written Nikon to ask the same question (no reply yet) as none of the troubleshooting areas in the manual seems to help. My film is in very good condition, so I'm wondering if I have a defective SA-21 Adapter. Any recommendations you could provide would be most appreciated.

ngophotographer

General
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 12:21:25 pm »

No, I haven't had any problems with my CS4000.  A while back, I lent it to a friend and he's been using it off and on for 6-9mos.

Basic questions:
1) Current NikonScan software loaded correctly, etc.?

2) Scanner has latest firmware?  I know some versions of NikonScan require updated firmware.

3) Does the slide adapter work correctly?  If the slide adapter works correctly, then your SA-21 might be bad.

I'm assuming the slide adapter is using he same motor, mechanical parts in the scanner to load the slide.

I would suggest taking you adapter to a local dealer that sells the Nikons canners and trying it in their demo.

We have a local shop here that has all the scanners on display.  They will usually let the "regulars" hook their laptops up to test/try them out.

Hope this helps.

Rich
NGOphotographer

Armstrong

General
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 10:46:02 pm »

Is your soft ware working properly?