Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone received boxed Lightroom yet?  (Read 4994 times)

ceyman

Has anyone received boxed Lightroom yet?
« on: February 21, 2007, 04:11:35 pm »

My distributor told me the were supposed to receive the boxed Lightroom on 2/13, but it has still not arrived and they have no updated information.  Has anyone received the boxed Lightroom yet?  If so, from who purchased?

Carl

KeithR

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:50:03 pm »

My distributor told me the were supposed to receive the boxed Lightroom on 2/13, but it has still not arrived and they have no updated information.  Has anyone received the boxed Lightroom yet?  If so, from who purchased?

Carl
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102189\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I ordered the boxed version last night on line at Adobe, and the expected delivery date is 27FEB07. They did not issue a tracking number as yet however. I opted for the least expencive option they offered. If they had asked if I wanted to pick it up at their Minneapolis office, I would have had it today
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

maxgruzen

• http://www.pbase.com/mordicai
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 01:11:51 am »

I ordered the boxed version last night on line at Adobe, and the expected delivery date is 27FEB07. They did not issue a tracking number as yet however. I opted for the least expencive option they offered. If they had asked if I wanted to pick it up at their Minneapolis office, I would have had it today
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102192\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No a real bummer. I pre=ordered on day the first day they offered it. I've been a beta user since day one and I'm a little peeved.

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 03:54:10 am »

I ordered the LR box from Adobe on monday, and got it deliverd by UPS on wednesday. This is in Norway and it was shipped from the UK. Delivery was much faster than I expected.

I choose the box as that cost me the same here in Norway as getting it by dl. The box have a nice booklket intro to LR also.
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

judyn

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 01:36:03 pm »

I received my box ordered through Adobe.

John Camp

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 02:16:44 pm »

I ordered the box some time ago and haven't seen it, or heard from them.

JC

Pangaea

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 12:38:29 am »

When I checked Amazon it had a timeframe for the shrinkwrapped version of 4-6 weeks!  Doesn't help people too much when the beta version expires in 2 days...

I've heard folks mentioning delays from different vendors, and most that have gotten a box already were ones who had ordered from Adobe.

Anyway here's one suggestion for a possible solution that we discussed on another thread:

The library won't go anywhere. You could download the demo and use that until you get the box.
Right, I was going to suggest the same idea...  The "tryout" version and the official 1.0 release are the same software, I believe.

So you could download the demo to work for 30 days and then enter the serial number off the box when you finally receive it to make it permanent.  I haven't done this myself (I just got the tryout and bought from there), but I have heard it working for others, given the delays in getting a boxed copy.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 03:13:23 am »

I ordered my copy directly from Adobe on the day it was announced and it was delivered by UPS on Friday (23/2/07).
Nice enough getting started guide, but nothing more thorough.

Paul
UK

francois

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 03:20:10 am »

A friend of mine ordered his boxed copy last Monday and got it 4 days later! I've not heard anything  about my order and it's supposed to be shipped on the 28th.
Francois

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 05:45:55 am »

I ordered my copy directly from Adobe on the day it was announced and it was delivered by UPS on Friday (23/2/07).
Nice enough getting started guide, but nothing more thorough.

Paul
UK
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103185\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well no. Adobe would not want to spoil the 3rd party documentation writing market.  You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours....
--
David Mantripp

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 06:02:07 am »

Well no. Adobe would not want to spoil the 3rd party documentation writing market.
Although as quick start guides go, it's very good.

Paul

davaglo

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 07:24:26 am »

Ordered mine from the Adobe store by phone when it was first announced and received it on the 23rd of Feburary. I was told it would ship on the 25th of Feb.

Jerry
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 07:25:27 am by davaglo »
jrg
Pages: [1]   Go Up