Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alpa 12SWA  (Read 29356 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2007, 06:53:47 am »

Dear Yevgeny,

No, no need of a LC shutter with the eMotion. All you need is to send it back to factory for an upgrade.

Hope this answer.

All the best,
Thierry

Dear Thierry,
 I am a e22 shooter( lpa and 6008 AF).With the introduction of a LV option for my eMotion in the future I hope to use the LV on my Alpa with my copal and Rollei 6008 lenses. Should I buy a Sinar LC shutter to use my back in the LV mode on Alpas ?
Thank you,
Yevgeny
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102934\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:54:14 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

ynp

• http://
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2007, 07:17:27 am »

Dear Yevgeny,

No, no need of a LC shutter with the eMotion. All you need is to send it back to factory for an upgrade.

Hope this answer.

All the best,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102937\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Dear Thierry,
It is a very good news indeed. Thank you for your prompt reply. When we will be able to send backs to Sinar?
Kind regards,
Yevgeny.

thsinar

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2007, 07:30:26 am »

Dear Yevgeny,

We plan to have the new eMotion 54 with Live Video and the eMotion 75 LV available by end of March. The upgrade should then as well be available. For your information, the upgrade of the e22 to the e54 LV is not just including the Live Video feature, but as well some new internal hardware and electronics.

The best is to get in touch with your local distributor SBF in Moscow, or with Sinar Area Sales Manager, Mrs. Helga Frorath (helga.frorath@sinarcameras.com).

Best regards,
Thierry

Dear Thierry,
It is a very good news indeed. Thank you for your prompt reply. When we will be able to send backs to Sinar?
Kind regards,
Yevgeny.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102939\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

ynp

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2007, 08:06:31 am »

Dear Yevgeny,

We plan to have the new eMotion 54 with Live Video and the eMotion 75 LV available by end of March. The upgrade should then as well be available. For your information, the upgrade of the e22 to the e54 LV is not just including the Live Video feature, but as well some new internal hardware and electronics.

The best is to get in touch with your local distributor SBF in Moscow, or with Sinar Area Sales Manager, Mrs. Helga Frorath (helga.frorath@sinarcameras.com).

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102941\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Dear Thierry,
I will contact SBF next week.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Yevgeny

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2007, 09:12:18 am »

The new eMotions will have Live Video as well.
That's why they are called e-54 LV and e-75 LV
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102868\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Good News!

Any idea when? Did they increase the ISO?

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 09:12:35 am by Danijela D. Karic »

thsinar

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2007, 09:21:33 am »

Dear Danijela,

end of March (see my post above). Same ISO settings but improved long time exposure.

Thierry

Good News!

Any idea when? Did they increase the ISO?

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102954\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2007, 09:22:22 am »

Hi Danijela.

May I ask where you ordered it?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102915\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Foto Care

With which lenses?
I was promised to test 28HR, apparently it did not arrive yet. So I guess wait more or
go straight to 24xl and then add 28HR. I am also looking to purchase 47XL decentered.

And did you get the discount you mentioned before? 

Stephan
Tricky one, still waiting on that. I will know more next week.

Regards
Danijela

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2007, 10:04:00 am »

Dear Danijela,

end of March (see my post above). Same ISO settings but improved long time exposure.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102959\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Why not improve ISO also?

Regards
Danijela

willconnor

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2007, 02:49:40 pm »

The screen supplied by Alpa not very bright.  Bill Maxwell makes great screens.

What's wrong with the one supplied by Alpa?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102869\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

willconnor

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2007, 02:57:59 pm »

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for trying to clarify this for me.

Will any of the Live Video that's being developed by Phase, Sinar and Leaf be viewable on the LCD of the back, or is this strictly a tethered (wireless or not) solution?

Will

hi Will,

I think you are "mixing" up "wireless transfer" of data and files with "Live Video" feature.

The live video (or live preview) is enabling, through the use of the CCD as a kind of video chip, the view of the subject in low resolution on a computer screen and with a refreshing rate of a few frames per second (faster in B&W than in Colour): this to be able to frame/crop, focus, etc ..., and to check almost live the result on your monitor: this is always done via Firewire transfer, up to now.

The wireless transfer of data or files, previews with low res or full resolution files is something different: it is the transfer of the actual captured images/files. The WiFi standards have allowed wireless transfer of previews (low res = small file size) up to now, the new standards will allow the transfer of bigger sized files (full res) in the coming future.

Hope this helps,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102897\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2007, 03:18:04 pm »

The screen supplied by Alpa not very bright.  Bill Maxwell makes great screens.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103056\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Will,

Is there a link to Bill Maxwell's website?

Regards
Danijela

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2007, 05:06:34 pm »

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for trying to clarify this for me.

Will any of the Live Video that's being developed by Phase, Sinar and Leaf be viewable on the LCD of the back, or is this strictly a tethered (wireless or not) solution?

Will
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103060\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i can only speak for phase...the live preview is a tethered only solution....
if you get a chance to use it you will know that it really does not make sense on the LCD screen....
why my much cheaper sony R-1 has a lcd screen with live preview with overlayed levels and highlight warnings and none of the backs can do it....i guess for live preview the shutter has to be open and the sensor actually controls the exposure? something like that....

willconnor

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2007, 06:12:40 pm »

Maxwell Precision Optics:

http://www.mattclara.com/maxwell/index.html

Hi Will,

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103062\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2007, 07:02:30 pm »

Hi Will,

Regards
Danijela

Maxwell Precision Optics:
http://www.mattclara.com/maxwell/index.html
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103062\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you Will.

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 07:16:30 pm by Danijela D. Karic »

thsinar

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2007, 08:50:00 pm »

Dear Paul,

yes, this is as well the case with Sinarbacks and the live video feature. IMO it really makes no sense to have it on the display of the back: it is technically probably possible, and as you say it, the sensor is then active all the time. But live video is basically used to check the croping/framing, but mainly to set perspective (view point & possible shifts) and focus (sharpness plane with possible tilt and/or swing): this is impossible to check precisely on a back display.

Best regards,
Thierry

i can only speak for phase...the live preview is a tethered only solution....
if you get a chance to use it you will know that it really does not make sense on the LCD screen....
why my much cheaper sony R-1 has a lcd screen with live preview with overlayed levels and highlight warnings and none of the backs can do it....i guess for live preview the shutter has to be open and the sensor actually controls the exposure? something like that....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103081\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Khun_K

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2007, 10:05:37 pm »

Dear Paul,

yes, this is as well the case with Sinarbacks and the live video feature. IMO it really makes no sense to have it on the display of the back: it is technically probably possible, and as you say it, the sensor is then active all the time. But live video is basically used to check the croping/framing, but mainly to set perspective (view point & possible shifts) and focus (sharpness plane with possible tilt and/or swing): this is impossible to check precisely on a back display.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103137\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I remembered when Shiriro demonstrated the H3D39 for me, the live view is available on the back, which may be useful if the back is on a camera platform like Alpa. However, the live view is of very low refreshing rate, and really it needs to be on a very sturdy tripot to make it really useful, not like the one on 1D MK3 as it is tested. When I receive my H3D39 this Tuesday or Wednesday I will confirm this.

thsinar

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2007, 10:13:46 pm »

OK, Kaisern, interesting to know. If this is the case, with a very low refreshing rate, most probably they are rather sending kind of previews shot in a regular interval. Might be helpful though, in some situations.

Thanks and let me (us) know,
Thierry

I remembered when Shiriro demonstrated the H3D39 for me, the live view is available on the back, which may be useful if the back is on a camera platform like Alpa. However, the live view is of very low refreshing rate, and really it needs to be on a very sturdy tripot to make it really useful, not like the one on 1D MK3 as it is tested. When I receive my H3D39 this Tuesday or Wednesday I will confirm this.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103148\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

willconnor

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2007, 12:17:47 am »

Can someone explain the technical reasons why I can have excellent live preview on the back LCD of my Fuji pocket camera, but not on the LCD of a medium format digital back?

Thanks,

Will  

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103148\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thsinar

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2007, 12:48:25 am »

Dear Will,

as said, this is technically possible, however and for precise settings of focus, shifts, tilts and swings, it is more or less useless. Although it might be usefull for some applications, to see live the framing and croping.
Something to consider may be, keeping in mind that activating the sensor for live video will heat up this same sensor, which again has then an influence on noise (need to do a black ref before the shot).

Thierry

Can someone explain the technical reasons why I can have excellent live preview on the back LCD of my Fuji pocket camera, but not on the LCD of a medium format digital back?

Thanks,

Will
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103164\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up