Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Alpa 12SWA  (Read 29324 times)

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2007, 11:56:52 am »

Danijela,
just go to the Phase One website and see where it's being mentioned.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102782\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bellow is the exact word for word statement from their website, it takes a while to find it because their website is updated every week, but it's there. Even better, sign-in with your email  address for additional updates/News or talk to one of the phase dealers. I was told they are aiming for September 2007

[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']• The first ever high performance true wireless image transfer of previews and RAW images will become the standard for Phase One shooters. This functionality will be offered to all existing and new owners of Phase One fully portable digital P-backs.[/span]

Anybody with more info and willing to respond is more then welcome!!!

It's not possible to send a large Raw file wireless.
Maybe a small Jpeg.
OK, I'll give you benefit of the doubt until it is released.

However that would be enough.
Leaf had that feature allready.
I didn't know that, what happened?

Let's just wait and see.
Cheers,
Willem.
I agree, before you turn me in to Phase dealer  

Regards
Danijela

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2007, 12:09:16 pm »

I travel with a hard case. In November 2006 I damaged my 24 mm. Digitar when I used a leica soft case during a trip. I traveled light, my TC had my eMotion mounted on the alpa and 24mm was mounted on it as well. It was damaged when the case in the overhead bin was pressed with a piece of luggade. The 24mm is fragile and I am sure that it should travel dismounted in a separate case, not on a camera. My 35mm is more solid and rigid and I had no problems with it. Fortunately, I was able to repare the lens in St.Petersburg.
Yevgeny
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102776\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Would you let me know the model of the hard case you purchased and if you still feel about traveling with 24xl dismounted in a separate case, not on a camera?

Is there a hard case/adequate box that Rodenstock/Shneider makes for their LF Digital lenses?

Regards
Danijela

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2007, 03:46:48 pm »

Bellow is the exact word for word statement from their website, it takes a while to find it because their website is updated every week, but it's there. Even better, sign-in with your email  address for additional updates/News or talk to one of the phase dealers. I was told they are aiming for September 2007

[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']• The first ever high performance true wireless image transfer of previews and RAW images will become the standard for Phase One shooters. This functionality will be offered to all existing and new owners of Phase One fully portable digital P-backs.[/span]

Anybody with more info and willing to respond is more then welcome!!!
OK, I'll give you benefit of the doubt until it is released.
I didn't know that, what happened?
I agree, before you turn me in to Phase dealer  

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102818\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sorry about that Danijela,
last time I checked it wasn't mentioned on their site.
Now that's coming it's certainly a +  
Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2007, 04:17:12 pm »

Sorry about that Danijela,
last time I checked it wasn't mentioned on their site.
Now that's coming it's certainly a +  
Willem.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102848\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
the wireless solution in the phase + backs will be based on the wifi N standard which really is the first usable wireless standard for the large raw files...it also has a nice long range....still:think ethernet 10/100 speed, not USB or FW.....
the leaf solution was bluetooth and only worked for previews to an ipaq.....worked great it was nice to be able to hand the client the ipaq and he could watch the files come in....think instant polaroid with every shot....sometimes there were connection problems, the usual stuff....
phase has been talking about wireless for a while, but they realized that the right standard (enough speed) has to come along....now it is here, built into every (later) macbook and macbook pro and works great....
the upgrade will be (what else is new) a paid upgrade for the P+ backs and should be available fall/winter 2007....

willconnor

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2007, 05:04:44 pm »

Danijela,

Wireless sounds nice, assuming there is a tablet pc that has a high enough quality screen for critical focus evaluation.  (I don't know if there is or not.)  I certainly would not want to haul around and deal with a Macbook in the field whether it's tethered or wireless.  

Because this is not live preview, you would still have to compose with an optical viewfinder-- which is a deal-breaker for me.  

I think it's actually much easier to pop the back and the ground glass on and off. With a top quality ground glass and fresnel screen ( not the one supplied by Alpa), the view is excellent.

I would encourage you to try all this out on a trial basis, if you can, before committing.

Good luck!

Will

I've never looked through one too, but I heard it will cover wide angle lenses. So I guess,
we will see what happens if I purchase it or when I get some more info.
Same here, I would prefer to see through the lens too, but I dislike the idea of looking at the ground glass and removing US$30,000 DB frequently.

Perhaps, your new idea will work so we can share it.
Working tethered is fine by me, especially if I purchase P45+. Apparently it is going to be wireless, so I couldn’t ask for more.
I think working tethered in wireless mode is wonderful, you should reconsider.

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102726\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

pss

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2007, 05:08:58 pm »

Danijela,

Wireless sounds nice, assuming there is a tablet pc that has a high enough quality screen for critical focus evaluation.  (I don't know if there is or not.)  I certainly would not want to haul around and deal with a Macbook in the field whether it's tethered or wireless. 

Because this is not live preview, you would still have to compose with an optical viewfinder-- which is a deal-breaker for me. 

I think it's actually much easier to pop the back and the ground glass on and off. With a top quality ground glass and fresnel screen ( not the one supplied by Alpa), the view is excellent.

I would encourage you to try all this out on a trial basis, if you can, before committing.

Good luck!

Will
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
there is [a href=\"http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ModBook]this solution[/url].....the modbook...touchscreen....very nice.....
P45+ has live preview....

rethmeier

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2007, 06:11:06 pm »

The new eMotions will have Live Video as well.
That's why they are called e-54 LV and e-75 LV
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

rethmeier

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2007, 06:12:31 pm »

Danijela,

Wireless sounds nice, assuming there is a tablet pc that has a high enough quality screen for critical focus evaluation.  (I don't know if there is or not.)  I certainly would not want to haul around and deal with a Macbook in the field whether it's tethered or wireless. 

Good luck!

Will
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102863\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What's wrong with the one supplied by Alpa?
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2007, 06:16:11 pm »

there is this solution.....the modbook...touchscreen....very nice.....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102864\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Paul,

I agree, pricey but very nice in deed. Did you have a chance to play with one?

the P45+ has live preview....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102864\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Of course it does, I think I'll be fine with one. The only thing that bothers me though is the second cable for the wake up call, everything else seats fine.

Regards
Danijela

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2007, 06:17:37 pm »

What's wrong with the one supplied by Alpa?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102869\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Willem,

Don't know, waiting for delivery.

Regards
Danijela

pss

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2007, 06:36:35 pm »

Hi Paul,

I agree, pricey but very nice in deed. Did you have a chance to play with one?
Of course it does, I think I'll be fine with one. The only thing that bothers me though is the second cable for the wake up call, everything else seats fine.

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102870\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

no, they will be shipping in a couple of weeks....it is a macbook with a wacom/cintiq screen (pretty much)...no keyboard (can be added with bluetooth)....this looks like the best "touchscreen" for any dback....the cheapest version would do the trick anyway....they might offer conversion kits later this year....

ynp

• http://
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2007, 06:49:30 pm »

Would you let me know the model of the hard case you purchased and if you still feel about traveling with 24xl dismounted in a separate case, not on a camera?

Is there a hard case/adequate box that Rodenstock/Shneider makes for their LF Digital lenses?

Regards
Danijela
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Danijela,
I have two hard cases now. The biggest one ia an Amabilia, I am not sure what model it is. You can see the Amabilia cases at: [a href=\"http://www.amabilia.it/products/index.php3]http://www.amabilia.it/products/index.php3[/url]
I use the Amabilia case when I travel with the Alpas and my 6008 and lenses. The case is indestructible and heavy (about 5-6 kilo). Unfortunately the case does not have a laptop compartment.
I have a smaller case. It is a cheap Chinese Vangard plastic thing. It is light with foam inserts. It takes my 12 SWA, TC and three lenses. I have a 35mm digitar mounted on the TC, with the back. The 12 SWA goes separate, than  two other lenses in the plastic boxes, the viewfinder, the expodisc and filters and a box of e-Wipe.
I usually put the plastic case in my Lancel overnighter, alongside my ibook or a powerbook. So I do not look as a pro travelling ( and I am not). I usually have lighter old ibook with me because I use Brumbaer eMotionReader on my ibook to upload images from the back or cards.
After the disaster with the 24mm, I built two plastic cases for my lens (11 x11 x 18 for the helvetar, and 11 x 11 x 14 for the 35mm) and put some foam inside to absorb shock . I have not seen any profesionaly made cases for lenses.

Tripod: I had some problems with the airlines when thaveling with my tripod / monopod. They do not let to have a tripod or even a monopod on board with the handluggage.

Regards,

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2007, 07:01:44 pm »

Danijela,

Wireless sounds nice, assuming there is a tablet pc that has a high enough quality screen for critical focus evaluation.  (I don't know if there is or not.) 
I know there is one for sure, now is it up to your standards or not, that is the question I guess. Personally I am fine with both (PC or Mac) Better performance if you get a Mac,
but even that is probably debatable. I can see the difference anyway, so I’ll vote for Mac, especially because I have both and the truth is Mac is faster.

I certainly would not want to haul around and deal with a Macbook in the field whether it's tethered or wireless.
That is what I thought at first. I figured later that the change is inevitable. I am sure one of these days you will ask your self a simple question, why not?

This is why I am looking for the Linhof Viewfinder which will help along with live preview which is available.

I remember you said something about getting the ground glass solution refined, such as a custom made gg screen for 35mm and wider, and a custom made bracket to hold a reflex viewer in place.

Did you make any progress so far?

Good luck!

Will
I would definitely try, but as I said before I am against a frequent removal of US$ 30,000 Digital Back.

Regards
Danijela

pss

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2007, 08:34:27 pm »

I know there is one for sure, now is it up to your standards or not, that is the question I guess. Personally I am fine with both (PC or Mac) Better performance if you get a Mac,
but even that is probably debatable. I can see the difference anyway, so I’ll vote for Mac, especially because I have both and the truth is Mac is faster.
That is what I thought at first. I figured later that the change is inevitable. I am sure one of these days you will ask your self a simple question, why not?
This is why I am looking for the Linhof Viewfinder which will help along with live preview which is available.
I remember you said something about getting the ground glass solution refined, such as a custom made gg screen for 35mm and wider, and a custom made bracket to hold a reflex viewer in place.

Did you make any progress so far?
I would definitely try, but as I said before I am against a frequent removal of US$ 30,000 Digital Back.
Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102875\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

shooting with mamiya RZ and 645afd i can say that the only downside to this set-up is ahving to switch the back from camera to camera.....and i shoot mostly studio....any solution that involves taking the back off for focusing is not acceptable in my book.....between the screen on the back itself, hyperfocal, measuring distances or a tethered solution there really should be a way.....

willconnor

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2007, 11:09:34 pm »

I'd be interested to know how well the wireless live preview on the both the Aptus and Phase backs works.  Is it black and white only (as I read in Michaels Aptus review) and is the refresh rate slow?  I could imagine it being very nice if it were part of the camera itself (like the live preview of a digicam), but using it as a separate unit, whether wireless or not,  would be awkward for me.

I'm having Bill Maxwell of Maxwell Precision Optics, make a powerful ground glass and fresnel screen for the 35 and wider.  SK Grimes, in Rhode Island, will be devising a bracket for the Hass. Rmfx reflex viewer.

Will

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2007, 11:25:09 pm »

hi Will,

I think you are "mixing" up "wireless transfer" of data and files with "Live Video" feature.

The live video (or live preview) is enabling, through the use of the CCD as a kind of video chip, the view of the subject in low resolution on a computer screen and with a refreshing rate of a few frames per second (faster in B&W than in Colour): this to be able to frame/crop, focus, etc ..., and to check almost live the result on your monitor: this is always done via Firewire transfer, up to now.

The wireless transfer of data or files, previews with low res or full resolution files is something different: it is the transfer of the actual captured images/files. The WiFi standards have allowed wireless transfer of previews (low res = small file size) up to now, the new standards will allow the transfer of bigger sized files (full res) in the coming future.

Hope this helps,
Thierry

I'd be interested to know how well the wireless live preview on the both the Aptus and Phase backs works.  Is it black and white only (as I read in Michaels Aptus review) and is the refresh rate slow?  I could imagine it being very nice if it were part of the camera itself (like the live preview of a digicam), but using it as a separate unit, whether wireless or not,  would be awkward for me.

I'm having Bill Maxwell of Maxwell Precision Optics, make a powerful ground glass and fresnel screen for the 35 and wider.  SK Grimes, in Rhode Island, will be devising a bracket for the Hass. Rmfx reflex viewer.

Will
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102894\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:28:22 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

rethmeier

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2007, 02:09:54 am »

Thierry,
will the eMotion range have a WiFi option,like the Phase One + series?

Can it be added later as with the Canon and Nikon WiFi transmitters.

Just curious,
Regards,
Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

schaubild

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2007, 03:04:22 am »

Hi Willem,

Don't know, waiting for delivery.

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102871\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Danijela.

May I ask where you ordered it? With which lenses? And did you get the discount you mentioned before?  

Stephan

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2007, 05:36:25 am »

Dear Willem,

Sinar will certainly have wireless data transfer in the future: but I honestly don't know today how near or how far this future is. As I said, we shall announce new products and new features when we have it ready.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,
will the eMotion range have a WiFi option,like the Phase One + series?

Can it be added later as with the Canon and Nikon WiFi transmitters.

Just curious,
Regards,
Willem.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102910\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

ynp

• http://
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2007, 06:40:04 am »

Dear Willem,

Sinar will certainly have wireless data transfer in the future: but I honestly don't know today how near or how far this future is. As I said, we shall announce new products and new features when we have it ready.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102927\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Dear Thierry,
 I am a e22 shooter( lpa and 6008 AF).With the introduction of a LV option for my eMotion in the future I hope to use the LV on my Alpa with my copal and Rollei 6008 lenses. Should I buy a Sinar LC shutter to use my back in the LV mode on Alpas ?
Thank you,
Yevgeny
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up