Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Alpa 12SWA  (Read 29326 times)

schaubild

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 11:16:46 am »

Hello all.

On the Alpa forum is since today a statement with their opinion about sliding adapters online.  

http://www.alpa.ch/modules/forum/board_entry.php?id=117

Regards
Stephan

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 12:29:38 pm »

Hello all.

On the Alpa forum is since today a statement with their opinion about sliding adapters online. 

Regards
Stephan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102378\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
yes i know his opinion about that. all i can say is speakin with these engeneers make me sometimes tired and so it doesit also  if i listen this proudness about 1/100 or 1/1000mm tolerances.
no problem with the gottschalt sliding back regarding these concerns, anyway he cannot know it cause just 2 have been made....... so he should not say ALL. i.m.o.
the HR lenses i use with open apertures sometimes, a thing what noone would ever do with his favouritised schneider lenese.... never i struggled about these tolerances.
its advertisement i.m.o.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:33:54 pm by rehnniar »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

schaubild

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 02:22:21 pm »

Please be more precise when giving feedback (yes, precision is also required in communications

As I read it, he doesn't say ALL, the sentences are "in our eyes / following our experience". Regarding their sales figures compared to the ones of your camera builder, there might be a slight experience advantage for Alpa? At least they get far more feedback from the field.

Also no mention of 1/1000 mm, the required, means visible in the end result, tolerances are 1/10 for film, 1/100 for digital. This should also be known to your camera builder, I doubt that Gottschalt is able to change the laws of physics?

Stephan
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 02:26:12 pm by schaubild »

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 02:43:32 pm »

Please be more precise when giving feedback (yes, precision is also required in communications

As I read it, he doesn't say ALL, the sentences are "in our eyes / following our experience". Regarding their sales figures compared to the ones of your camera builder, there might be a slight experience advantage for Alpa? At least they get far more feedback from the field.

Also no mention of 1/1000 mm, the required, means visible in the end result, tolerances are 1/10 for film, 1/100 for digital. This should also be known to your camera builder, I doubt that Gottschalt is able to change the laws of physics?

Stephan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102413\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

stephan, to be more precise here i am NOT a fan of gottschalt and i think the alpa manufactoring is more precise in handscraft and also much ore elegant,- at least the 12 serial.....
i really love their cameras and more how they are made. if the new alpa would have been out at the time i bought the gottschalt i probably would have went with it,- or if the 12 would have sideshifts, although the sliding back for sure would be a feature which i would miss a lot.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

schaubild

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 03:13:18 pm »

Thanks Rainer, that clarifies it  :-)

I think, it's kind of investment protection by going a safe and proven way instead of walking alone. It can be extremely successful, but it's not guaranteed. As there are so many uncertainties (like color casts) and movement in the area of digital backs it might be a better bet to work on a stable platform that adapts easily to these changes.

Stephan

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 04:28:01 am »

Thanks Rainer, that clarifies it  :-)

I think, it's kind of investment protection by going a safe and proven way instead of walking alone. It can be extremely successful, but it's not guaranteed. As there are so many uncertainties (like color casts) and movement in the area of digital backs it might be a better bet to work on a stable platform that adapts easily to these changes.

Stephan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102429\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I couldn’t  agree more.

Regards
Danijela

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 04:50:22 am »

Hello all.

Regards
Stephan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102378\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Good enough to know that they are moving forward with some other interesting and firm ideas, even though by reading the link on some of the available material I would like their prices to be more adequate for others if it's possible at all. Other then that, I was pleasantly surprised to find them practically ahead of everybody else.

Regards
Danijela

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 05:05:46 am »

Or perhaps a baby XY?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102329\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Perhaps, but as far as I am concerned ALPA XY is more then I need, although if I had to
decide between the one that offered less and the one that offers more, you don't need
to have PhD to get my answer on this one. Having said that, if they could make a smaller/baby
version of XY and find it to be commercially viable, then why not? I am all for it.

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 08:47:05 pm by Danijela D. Karic »

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 05:30:10 am »

No, at that time he was selfemployeed in his own little company. Today he work as an employee at a mechanical firm here in Sweden. They have to much to do so the question are if he have time for this!
 [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102350\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
How convenient to have a friend like that.

When I bought my Roundshot220VR, Seitz own lens adapters was just for Leica and Nikon. I already had fine Contax lenses so the way to go was to make an adapter for my lenses.
Nowdays Seitz have own Contax adapters!
Smart move.

The picture shows the adapter for Contax and a shift adapter for Hasselblad (it uses a standard extension tube).
It´s proffessional done and works perfect.
Thanks, I appreciate that.

I shall discuss the shift adapter problem with him.

Regards,
Tomas
Ask you friend if he is also able to make the adapter for Linhof 6x17 where the digital back is placed to be at the same location as the film plane so that infinity focus could be possible.

I found few solutions before, but I didn’t bother that much since I didn’t have a Digital Back. However, now I feel it is time to do the research again and make it possible.

Perhaps, anybody else reading that could advise a bit more ?

Oh, not to forget Dr.Gilde from Germany I believe, he did it already on his 6x17 camera and the guy is Perfectionist I hear.

Perhaps, Ranier knows some more?

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 05:30:53 am by Danijela D. Karic »

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 05:59:02 am »

Anybody willing to share some info when traveling Air/etc. with ALPA system?

Bags, tripods, tips to consider, etc.? would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Danijela

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 09:31:08 am »

Anybody using » [span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']LINHOF Multi-Focal Viewfinder on ALPA 12 SWA?
[/span]
All critiques are welcome !!!

Regards
Danijela

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007, 09:42:08 am »

Point taken!
And it does makes sense!
I'm glad you have deep pockets like me!  
Regards,
Willem.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102212\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi william,

Deep pockets? You mean deep bags, considering how much everything else like DB, etc. costs.

Regards
Danijela

willconnor

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2007, 10:49:15 am »

Danijela,

I've never looked through one, but I believe it will not cover wide angles.  B and H stocks them.

I went through the same process I think you're going through-- that is, trying to figure the best way to compose and focus with the Alpa.  I thought maybe the Alpa optical viewfinder along with a laser meter  might work, but the wide angle viewfinder is distorted and the view is tiny.  If  the photography you do requires careful focus and composition, I don't see how this idea will work.  But it depends on your personal style of working and what you photograph.  For me, it doesn't feel like photography if I'm not actually seeing through the lens.

The only solutions I see are either working tethered (which will not work for me) or using the ground glass.  I'm in the process of getting the ground glass  solution refined-- such as a custom made gg screen for 35mm and wider, and a custom made bracket to hold a reflex viewer in place.  

The only downside to this solution is you have to take the back on and off, which for me has not been a problem (knocking on wood!)

Will Connor

Anybody using » [span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']LINHOF Multi-Focal Viewfinder on ALPA 12 SWA?
[/span]
All critiques are welcome !!!

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102598\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2007, 01:33:07 pm »

Hi william,

Deep pockets? You mean deep bags, considering how much everything else like DB, etc. costs.

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102601\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Less expensive than film

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2007, 06:50:33 pm »

Less expensive than film
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102641\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Debatable, but I can't ever talk against FILM.

Regards
Danijela

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2007, 09:11:25 pm »

Danijela,

I've never looked through one, but I believe it will not cover wide angles.  B and H stocks them.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102611\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I've never looked through one too, but I heard it will cover wide angle lenses. So I guess,
we will see what happens if I purchase it or when I get some more info.

I went through the same process I think you're going through-- that is, trying to figure the best way to compose and focus with the Alpa.  I thought maybe the Alpa optical viewfinder along with a laser meter  might work, but the wide angle viewfinder is distorted and the view is tiny.  If  the photography you do requires careful focus and composition, I don't see how this idea will work.  But it depends on your personal style of working and what you photograph.  For me, it doesn't feel like photography if I'm not actually seeing through the lens.
Same here, I would prefer to see through the lens too, but I dislike the idea of looking at the ground glass and removing US$30,000 DB frequently.

Perhaps, your new idea will work so we can share it.

The only solutions I see are either working tethered (which will not work for me) or using the ground glass.  I'm in the process of getting the ground glass  solution refined-- such as a custom made gg screen for 35mm and wider, and a custom made bracket to hold a reflex viewer in place.   
Working tethered is fine by me, especially if I purchase P45+. Apparently it is going to be wireless, so I couldn’t ask for more.

The only downside to this solution is you have to take the back on and off, which for me has not been a problem (knocking on wood!)
Will Connor
I think working tethered in wireless mode is wonderful, you should reconsider.

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:15:00 pm by Danijela D. Karic »

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 09:40:43 pm »

I wouldn't keep your hopes up with wireless!
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

Danijela D. Karic

Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2007, 11:30:55 pm »

I wouldn't keep your hopes up with wireless!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102732\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Why not?

Regards
Danijela

ynp

• http://
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 03:42:33 am »

Anybody willing to share some info when traveling Air/etc. with ALPA system?

Bags, tripods, tips to consider, etc.? would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102558\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I travel with a hard case. In November 2006 I damaged my 24 mm. Digitar when I used a leica soft case during a trip. I traveled light, my TC had my eMotion mounted on the alpa and 24mm was mounted on it as well. It was damaged when the case in the overhead bin was pressed with a piece of luggade. The 24mm is fragile and I am sure that it should travel dismounted in a separate case, not on a camera. My 35mm is more solid and rigid and I had no problems with it. Fortunately, I was able to repare the lens in St.Petersburg.
Yevgeny

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
Alpa 12SWA
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2007, 05:29:13 am »

Why not?

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102749\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Danijela,
just go to the Phase One website and see where it's being mentioned.
It's not possible to send a large Raw file wireless.
Maybe a small Jpeg.
However that would be enough.
Leaf had that feature allready.

Let's just wait and see.
Cheers,
Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up