Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad 203FE with Phase?  (Read 8352 times)

Shara Haddad

Hasselblad 203FE with Phase?
« on: February 20, 2007, 08:20:49 pm »

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use a Hasselblad 203 FE with a Phase P45? I think I remember reading somewhere that Hasselblad will convert this camera, I just don;t remember if it was only with their CF39 backs.

Thanks
Shara Haddad

Eric Zepeda

• http://www.ericzepeda.com
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 08:57:58 pm »

Shara, I just was with someone who demo'd a bunch of Phase backs, P20, P21 and P25 on a 201F, and things seemed to work fine. We wanted to try a P30, but there was not one available in v-mount. I believe Phase does not "officially" support the 200 series of Hassy, but they will work if properly setup. I'm sure someone here will correct me if this is not the case.
Eric Zepeda
 www.ericzepeda.com

Mark_Tucker

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 10:57:46 pm »

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use a Hasselblad 203 FE with a Phase P45? I think I remember reading somewhere that Hasselblad will convert this camera, I just don;t remember if it was only with their CF39 backs.

I do not know about Phase backs. I checked into this myself, and Hasselblad will modify the body to fit some backs. I think the body needs to go to Sweden for about four weeks. I am thinking that this is for Hasselblad backs though.

My own personal subjective opinion is steer clear of this solution. If you think regular medium format is frought with problems, I cannot imagine the amount of error messages generated by this back-room, Fred Sanford, solution. When the stuff that is supposedly "trouble free" is a mess, like many things in the MF digital world, I think this hammered-together approach is a disaster waiting to happen.

Let the 200-series die. It was one of the greatest cameras ever, (but only for film). It's time to move on. (Next closest-feeling thing is the Contax).

witz

• http://www.chriswitzke.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 11:03:50 pm »

I've been using a H25 on a 2000fcw for 3 years without any problems.... over 20k clicks. And, I feel no need to upgrade as I love my 110 f2 and 50 f2.8.

I demo'd ( 3 years ago as well ) a p25... worked as well.... but I shoot tethered anyways and felt the extra cost was better suited toward something else.

by the way Mark... looks like we're neighbors.... Howdy!.... I'm just north of you, in louisville KY.

witzke-studio.com
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:12:49 pm by witzke »

digitalguy

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 12:08:13 am »

I've been using a H25 on a 2000fcw for 3 years without any problems.... over 20k clicks. And, I feel no need to upgrade as I love my 110 f2 and 50 f2.8.

I demo'd ( 3 years ago as well ) a p25... worked as well.... but I shoot tethered anyways and felt the extra cost was better suited toward something else.

by the way Mark... looks like we're neighbors.... Howdy!.... I'm just north of you, in louisville KY.

witzke-studio.com
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Got this right off the Phase One "Knowledge Base"
It is located under the support menu choice on thier website.

[a href=\"http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/Article.aspx?articleid=1556&LanguageID=1&layoutid=SupportSite%20-%20Main]http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...Site%20-%20Main[/url]
     "
Phase One backs will work on a Hasselbad 200 series body only when using a CF lens and the focal plane shutter is locked open.

CF lenses work on the Hasselbad 200 series camera bodies in the following way: the focal plane shutter must be locked open on the body and the leaf shutter in the CF lens is used just like on a V body.

Phase One backs designed for Mechanical Hasselblad (V-series) are compatible but with the following limitations.

# 201 F - Does not work with FE Lenses. Use C, CB, CF, CFA, or CFi lenses
# 202 FA - Not recommended
# 203 FE - Does not work with FE Lenses. Use C, CB, CF, CFA, or CFi lenses
# 205 FCC - Does not work with FE Lenses. Use C, CB, CF, CFA, or CFi lenses

For information on the use of your Hasselblad 200 series camera with the lenses mentioned above please refer to the documentation that came with your Hasselblad camera."

Ed Jack

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 06:59:18 am »

There is a Hassie CV version of this back for the 200 serries that DOES work with all FE lenses, but requires a minor camera revsion (upgrade) to be performed - doesn't cost much or anything. The back itself is only the 16MP version, so not "full frame (645ish)" is availalbe yet. I am really suprised, as I would have thought that since Hassleblad have a monoply of upgrading the 200 serries for their backs, that they would push this combo with a CF39 version which is compatible with this back ?

The FE lenses are great... I'd love to see them contined to be used as the "digital age decsends on all of us" on backs... but Hassie control this and they have their heart set on every one owning a H3 or H4... or HXXX whatever  
I like the H serries and have been using the H1 for 3 years, but would have gone for the 205 if it was fully supported - better value in many ways.

Ed

Got this right off the Phase One "Knowledge Base"
It is located under the support menu choice on thier website.

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...Site%20-%20Main
     "
Phase One backs will work on a Hasselbad 200 series body only when using a CF lens and the focal plane shutter is locked open.

CF lenses work on the Hasselbad 200 series camera bodies in the following way: the focal plane shutter must be locked open on the body and the leaf shutter in the CF lens is used just like on a V body.

Phase One backs designed for Mechanical Hasselblad (V-series) are compatible but with the following limitations.

# 201 F - Does not work with FE Lenses. Use C, CB, CF, CFA, or CFi lenses
# 202 FA - Not recommended
# 203 FE - Does not work with FE Lenses. Use C, CB, CF, CFA, or CFi lenses
# 205 FCC - Does not work with FE Lenses. Use C, CB, CF, CFA, or CFi lenses

For information on the use of your Hasselblad 200 series camera with the lenses mentioned above please refer to the documentation that came with your Hasselblad camera."
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102089\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up