Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar Hy6  (Read 4608 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Sinar Hy6
« on: February 20, 2007, 12:24:09 pm »

Dear All,

I have the feeling that I have given as much information as I possibly could and knew about the Sinar Hy6. Very soon you shall be able to ask your own and more questions to Sinar directly, if you wish so, through our own user forum. All questions will be answered.

This will be implemented and activated within the next month and I shall inform here when it will be the case.

In the meantime you have all the time to prepare your questions.

Thanks for your understanding,
Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Sinar Hy6
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:54:33 pm »

1) Can I use the same lenses on the Xact and the HY6

1a) I assume that they will all offer rise fall (on the Xact) due to thier ability to cover 66

1b ) what gubbins is requred to fire those lenses on the Xact

1 c ) does the Xact work with a 24 or 28  lens

1d) is the Xact still made/supported

2) I cannot afford a HY6 right now - I get a great deal on a 6008 rollei and buy a new mount plate for my emotion - will I need another mount plate for the HY6

3) I buy a sinarHY6 camera and use it on my emotion22 for a while, I get a great deal on an Aptus 75 - will I need a new camera

4) Without changing adapter plate on my sinar back is there a ALPA/Horseman style hand held solution for shooting ultra wide images with a little rise fall

5) it there a solution that could lead me to use Nikkor lenses (without changing the mount)

6) I am a camera manufacturer (very similar to alpa)  - Can I duplicate the rollei mounting or will this be a breach of some patents etc

7) I am a back manufactuer (very similar to Phase) - can I 'hack' the information and mount and make my back work with your camera without breaching patents

8) Can I buy the HY6 without buying a back (I dont own a sinar back)

9) I own a sinar back can I buy an HY6

10) I own a sinar back can I buy 300 HY6s

??
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Mort54

• http://
Sinar Hy6
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:43:45 pm »

Thank you Thierry for all of your efforts to answer everyone's questions on the Hy6 and Sinar backs. I suspect a lot more information will be coming out soon, with PMA just around the corner, and with Sinar starting up their own discussion forum.

Hans.
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

thsinar

Sinar Hy6
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 09:10:41 pm »

Dear Sam,

I shall answer all your questions concerning Rollei X-Act after having consulted my product manager. Leave me a couple of days.

For the Hy6 questions: please be so kind and wait until the "Q&A" link on our homepage is activated.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

1a) I assume that they will all offer rise fall (on the Xact) due to thier ability to cover 66

1 c ) does the Xact work with a 24 or 28  lens

2) I cannot afford a HY6 right now - I get a great deal on a 6008 rollei and buy a new mount plate for my emotion - will I need another mount plate for the HY6
3) I buy a sinarHY6 camera and use it on my emotion22 for a while, I get a great deal on an Aptus 75 - will I need a new camera
4) Without changing adapter plate on my sinar back is there a ALPA/Horseman style hand held solution for shooting ultra wide images with a little rise fall

5) it there a solution that could lead me to use Nikkor lenses (without changing the mount)

6) I am a camera manufacturer (very similar to alpa)  - Can I duplicate the rollei mounting or will this be a breach of some patents etc

7) I am a back manufactuer (very similar to Phase) - can I 'hack' the information and mount and make my back work with your camera without breaching patents

8) Can I buy the HY6 without buying a back (I dont own a sinar back)

9) I own a sinar back can I buy an HY6

10) I own a sinar back can I buy 300 HY6s

??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101938\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:45:46 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Danijela D. Karic

Sinar Hy6
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 11:52:02 pm »

Dear All,

I have the feeling that I have given as much information as I possibly could and knew about the Sinar Hy6. Very soon you shall be able to ask your own and more questions to Sinar directly, if you wish so, through our own user forum. All questions will be answered.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101934\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Finally, [span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']Congratulations!!![/span]

Is there a SINAR Factory that one could visit or is it office management based company?
Where is it based?
The number of people employed?

This will be implemented and activated within the next month and I shall inform here when it will be the case.
I believe that SINAR/JENOPTIK or whoever is considered more dedicated/serious/responsible should supply at least the main offices across the Globe with at least one example of identical Hy6 that was presented at Photokina. At least every continent should have one so that SINAR can spread the right point across the Globe, otherwise the road will be rough regardless of how many of us are interested or not and the point spread will be ill taken.

The guys who purchased 6008 Rollei systems in favor of one day owning Hy6 can feel at ease too, simply by knowing that their investment is not put to rest.

In the meantime you have all the time to prepare your questions.
I am highly in favor of SINAR forum, but you guys can’t possibly think that forum is going to improve things drastically unless SINAR makes responsible moves. Personally, your answers and thoughts are highly appreciated, but I can understand why so many members feel cautious and question further. It’s simply because the information given has been washed and dried number of times already. So the notion of being current in regards to the news/progress/development/etc. fades away easily and along that road many future/potential customers.

Thanks for your understanding,
Thierry
I know it’s not all dark, but the truth as far as I am concern has less and less definition unless you guys change the gear.

I am speaking frankly only because I believe that SINAR is in the unique position to use the momentum and take the lead, but obviously not doing enough to succeed.

Regards
Danijela

thsinar

Sinar Hy6
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 12:40:16 am »

Danijela,

Quote from: Danijela D. Karic,Feb 21 2007, 11:52 AM
: Is there a SINAR Factory?

Yes, there is a Sinar Factory, and this factory can be visited if we have a pre-notice/appointment.

Here is Sinar's address:

Sinar AG
Stadtweg 24,
CH-8245 Feuerthalen (near Schaffhausen, near Zürich)
Switzerland
Tel +41 (0)52 647 0707

For a visit you may contact our PR dpt. by calling to the above number or then write to:
pr@sinarcameras.com

Here a link to our location map:
http://www.sinar.ch/site/index__gast-e-164...s-rand-967.html

Hy6 to all Sinar's main offices

This shall obviously be done in due time, as soon as the first demo units will be available: we have been criticized enough on this site for selling vapor ware, that one cannot blame us on this: it will be, but when the product is available. I have only provided information on this site because I was asked for, never taking the first step to put this product in the front. Check my posts and you will agree.

And those who owes the Rollei 6008 series know that they can go the Hy6 road: this has been informed through the dealers' network.

: "you guys can’t possibly think that forum is going to improve things drastically unless SINAR makes responsible moves. Personally, your answers and thoughts are highly appreciated, but I can understand why so many members feel cautious and question further"

Again: I have informed because I was asked by LLF members (not by Sinar's managment and never by posting myself "Q&A" to lead the discussion toward this product) and am trying to never leave a question unanswered, with the best of my knowledge. It is a bit of  frustrating sometimes to get "blames" when one has not "opened the tread and lauched the questions/issues", but simply tried to answer honestly. That is why I have informed yesterday that there will be a special "Q&A" on the Sinar site soon.

: "So the notion of being current in regards to the news/progress/development/etc. fades away easily and along that road many future/potential customers".

Please check my postings/answers to the questions which have been raised and asked to myself: I don't think that I have ever changed my answers, only sometimes added new information, when it became available.

: "I am speaking frankly only because I believe that SINAR is in the unique position to use the momentum and take the lead, but obviously not doing enough to succeed".

Thank you for your belief that we are in a strong position. But again, let us do our work step by step, when it will be time for it, and do not expect us to speak too much about vapor ware. That is not our style since nearly 60 years of Sinar's existence in this market.

Best regards,
Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Danijela D. Karic

Sinar Hy6
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 02:00:04 am »

Frankly, your answer is a little messy, but I don’t mind the mess as I know your hands are tied. However, as long as you remember the point, I’m fine. You may answer what you feel comfortable and miss or skip as you will, but please remember the point. I will quote & highlight it this time, so that It doesn’t get missed or skipped by a default.

I am highly in favor of SINAR forum, but you guys can’t possibly think that forum is going to improve things drastically unless SINAR makes responsible moves. Personally, your answers and thoughts are highly appreciated, but I can understand why so many members feel cautious and question further. [span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']It’s simply because the information given has been washed and dried number of times already[/span]. So the notion of being current in regards to the news/progress/development/etc. fades away easily and along that road many of your future/potential customers.

I hope you understand that we’re talking here about the future of SINAR, not about the accusations, [span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']but for SINAR to lead in future,
[span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']REMEMBER[/span] they have to change the gear.[/span]

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 02:47:47 am by Danijela D. Karic »

thsinar

Sinar Hy6
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 02:19:30 am »

My hands are not tied at all and shall never be: I am speaking here freely and without control from nobody but myself, simply because one has put trust in me. But I feel sorry for still having been messy: I tried my best not to be.

I (we) shall keep in mind your advice below, and it is actually what has always been our focus: I guess we just "disagree" on the timetable.

Best regards,
Thierry

Frankly, your answer is a little messy, but I don’t mind the mess as I know your hands are tied. However, as long as you remember the point, I’m fine. You may answer what you feel comfortable and miss or skip as you will, but please remember the point. I will highlight it this time, so that It doesn’t get missed or skipped by a default.
I hope you understand that we’re talking here about the future of SINAR, not about the accusations, [span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']but for SINAR to lead in future,
[span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']REMEMBER[/span] they have to change the gear.[/span]

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102104\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 02:20:05 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

Sinar Hy6
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 02:45:16 am »

Dear Sam,

below my answer to your questions related to the Rollei X-Act2 view camera, a bit faster than I expected.
Please find my answers right below your questions, in CAPITALS:

Quote from: Morgan_Moore,Feb 21 2007, 12:54 AM
NO

YES (concerning the lenses available for this camera)

ALTHOUGH I DONT UNDERSTAND THE WORD "Gubbins", I PRESUME TO ANSWER your question WHEN I SAY THAT THE LENSES FOR AN X-ACT CAN BE MOUNTED EITHER WITH ROLLEI SHUTTERS, OR THEN WITH COPAL SHUTTERS. FOR THE FIRST OPTION IT NEEDS THE "ROLLEI LENS CONTROL", FOR THE SECOND IT NEEDS A "CABLE RELEASE".

1 c ) does the Xact work with a 24 or 28  lens

THE SHORTEST AVAILABLE LENS IS A 28MM

THE X-ACT2 IS NOT LONGER PRODUCED, BUT STILL SOLD AND SUPPORTED.

Best regards,
Thierry
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 07:32:16 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

BJNY

Sinar Hy6
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 08:03:33 am »

I noticed this recent site update. Perhaps the info posted answers some questions posed here at LL:
http://www.sinarbron.com/sinar/digital/Hy6.php

Thierry, sinar.ch and sinarbronUSA should be careful about implying physically larger CCDs, unless they are truly on their way.
Billy
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 08:21:02 am by BJNY »
Guillermo
Pages: [1]   Go Up