Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Comparison of the 24XL, 28HR and 35XL  (Read 24864 times)

Danijela D. Karic

A Comparison of the 24XL, 28HR and 35XL
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2007, 07:50:50 pm »

hmm... i never used any uv filter even on my old 35mm leica m4p or on any other camera...
but i never scratched any front lense, although i use my cameras rough ....  sometimes.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102022\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I see. I would definitely use some sort of protection, I guess it depends if you
are in a windy situation, sand, particles etc. but with the 5K lens I would for sure consider it.

One more question,
Did your camera came with the custom made head attached to it, or are you using something else? with what kind of tripod?

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 07:51:59 pm by Danijela D. Karic »

Shara Haddad

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2007, 07:52:56 pm »

hmm... i never used any uv filter even on my old 35mm leica m4p or on any other camera...
but i never scratched any front lense, although i use my cameras rough ....  sometimes.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102022\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So you are rough?
I like that in a man, can you elaborate a bit more?

Shara

Shara Haddad

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2007, 07:55:30 pm »

I see. I would definitely use some sort of protection, I guess it depends if you
are in a windy situation, sand, particles etc. but with the 5K lens I would for sure consider it.

One more question,
Did your camera came with the custom made head attached to it, or are you using something else? with what kind of tripod?

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102038\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Danijela,

Have you made your decision on a digital back yet? I think I have pretty much decided to test the Leaf and Phase One. I would love to get to London next week, Yair sounds like a knowledeable individual, I would like to meet him. Maybe have a pint or two.

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2007, 08:11:09 pm »

So you are rough?
I like that in a man, can you elaborate a bit more?

Shara
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102039\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Shara:

I'm glad you're here.

We have to get more women on this forum.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2007, 12:33:36 am »

Danijela,

Have you made your decision on a digital back yet? I think I have pretty much decided to test the Leaf and Phase One. I would love to get to London next week, Yair sounds like a knowledeable individual, I would like to meet him. Maybe have a pint or two.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102040\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Not yet, waiting for more phone calls.

Some of these distributors are not to blame, it is just the fact that their factory responds
are not efficient enough and therefore the product suffers and erupts in commercial failure I guess.

All of the products seem to be fine more or less. Basically, I am going to give another try to Leaf even though I was against it for the obvious reasons.

............. [span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']P45+/P30+ » [span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']would be [/span]Practical Decision[/span]
............. [span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']H3D » [span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']would be [/span]Conservative Decision[/span]
............. [span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']Leaf Aptus A75 »[span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\'] would be [/span]Funky Drummer Decision[/span]
............. [span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']Sinar e75 » [span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']would be [/span]The Future Decision, [span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\']with the [/span]? [span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\']mark and I only say that because of their [/span]M System History[/span]

So the question is, where do you/I fit?

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:53:45 am by Danijela D. Karic »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2007, 01:00:10 am »

Danijela,

Just a precision and information concerning the "Sinar m" system: this camera system has never been developped with the intention to get into the Fashion, Portraiture, Wedding and Architecture or Landscape photography market.

It was developped and built with the intention to provide an open system with multiples (automated) functions in institutions like Museums, National Art Galleries, Libraries, etc ...: that are the markets where the Sinar m system is used.

Best regards,
Thierry

and I only say that because of their [/size][/color]M System History[/color]

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102091\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2007, 01:04:55 am »

i use my gottschalt with a mamiya head.

about the 28hr price and protection:
.... the 28hr isnt cheap but the back did cost 5 times more....
the camera nearly the double....

so in relation it is as to use a m6 leica wih a $300 lense.
what a crazy mf world .....

better not to skip the tripoid.

whats wrong with the sinar-m danijela? i was working with one and its a nice tool.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2007, 01:06:33 am »

Danijela,

Just a precision and information concerning the "Sinar m" system: this camera system has never been developped with the intention to get into the Fashion, Portraiture, Wedding and Architecture or Landscape photography market.

It was developped and built with the intention to provide an open system with multiples (automated) functions in institutions like Museums, National Art Galleries, Libraries, etc ...: that are the markets where the Sinar m system is used.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102094\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Basically that is what I thought, too many products with multiple options designed to fit a single corner.

Regards
Danijela

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2007, 01:26:13 am »

i use my gottschalt with a mamiya head.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102097\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I thought It’s custom built by Gottschalt.

about the 28hr price and protection:
.... the 28hr isnt cheap but the back did cost 5 times more....
the camera nearly the double....
With regards to the Digital Back, as long as the chip is clean I’m OK. With regards to the
Lens, if you see the mark on the glass of 5K lens, surely you wouldn’t celebrate, that’s all.

so in relation it is as to use a m6 leica wih a $300 lense.
what a crazy mf world .....
I agree.

better not to skip the tripoid.
I thought I’d ask, since everything with regards to your system is more custom then ALPA or more custom then any other system I know.

whats wrong with the sinar-m danijela? i was working with one and its a nice tool.
Not much, jut the fact that it's not commercially viable as it could be, with only a few additional, desirable upgrades. Otherwise, I guess it fits the bill or am I wrong in saying that?

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 08:18:28 pm by Danijela D. Karic »

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2007, 01:51:08 am »

I thought It’s custom built by Gottschalt.
With regards to back as long as the chip is clean I’m OK. With regards to the
Lens, if you see the mark on the glass of 5K lens, surely you wouldn’t celebrate, that’s all.
I agree.
I thought I’d ask, since everything with regards to your system is more custom then ALPA or more custom then any other system I know.
Not much, jut the fact that it's not commercially viable as it could be, with only a few desirable upgrades. Otherwise, I guess it fits the bill or am I wrong in saying that?

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102100\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yes my system, including me, is very custom made. but gottschalt was merciful and  used standard screw threads...
my gottschalt is based on the di30 ( although it is thinner ), the sliding back is custom made.
at the time when i ordered it there simply was noone offering a camera with similar possibilities,
not sure if you could get anotherone now with sliding back. anyway.... it was a long and little bit  spiny way till i had it.

about the sinar-m... i am not informed about their actual prices, but main critic i listened was about that. i think ALL the mf prices for new gear are very high, and if you see and feel a H3 and if you see and feel a sinar-m in relation you just wonder that it dont cost the double  as it already does. same about the alpa ( which is made by seitz )..... this swiss guys really manufactor things on a very high level. i was reading that the trains in swiss delay in an averadge time of 1 minute.
i think in germany they delay  20min / average or so.

on the other hand many people go crazy just with the announcement of a HY6/AFI camera and it seems so that noone thinks that such a system will cost with 4 or 5 lenses probably 20.000 $.

again its the same than with the HR/XL lenses discussion if it comes to the point that the HR lense cost 1/3 more. in relation  to the, already so high prices, this should not be a big factor for any decision here, thinking that for architecture this is the key optic of a system in some aspects.
noone asks for the price for the new 28mm h-lense? everybody is thrilled that the h3 will "correct" it automatically.... what you easily can do also in photoshop with 1 action.

i am thinking economic also, one reason i am very happy with my contax 645 which save me 15.000$ in an easy way and i cannot see what this camera cannot do in comparation to H1/2/3//HY6/6AFI//6008. my two old 501 hassies are sleeping since i got the contax.

but if i would think in one of the new cameras i would consider also  the sinar-m.
maybe too less lenses exist for it,- but i dont see the price more crazy than any other of the actual made mf system camera except mamiya  (  you can adapt many different mounts and lenses to the -m. although not sure about that ).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 06:56:48 am by rehnniar »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2007, 02:09:10 am »

hi Rainer,

Existing Sinaron DIGITAL Zeiss AF lenses for the Sinar m are:

- 4.0/180mm; 4.0/120mm Macro; 2.8/80mm, 4.0/40mm

Also:

- Hasselblad V lenses can be monted with the "Lens Module Hasselblad V"
- Nikon lenses can be mounted with the "Mirror Module Nikon Lenses"

Prices have been reduced starting 2007 by minimum 20%: available and on request, from any Sinar distributor.

Best regards,
Thierry

.... the sinar-m:

maybe too less lenses exist for it,- but i dont see the price more crazy than any other of the actual made mf system camera except mamiya  (  you can adapt many differet mounts and lenses to the -m. although not sure about that ).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102103\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2007, 11:05:20 am »

yes my system, including me, is very custom made. but gottschalt was merciful and  used standard screw threads...
my gottschalt is based on the di30 ( although it is thinner ), the sliding back is custom made.
at the time when i ordered it there simply was noone offering a camera with similar possibilities,
not sure if you could get anotherone now with sliding back. anyway.... it was a long and little bit  spiny way till i had it.

about the sinar-m... i am not informed about their actual prices, but main critic i listened was about that. i think ALL the mf prices for new gear are very high, and if you see and feel a H3 and if you see and feel a sinar-m in relation you just wonder that it dont cost the double  as it already does. same about the alpa ( which is made by seitz )..... this swiss guys really manufactor things on a very high level. i was reading that the trains in swiss delay in an averadge time of 1 minute.
i think in germany they delay  20min / average or so.

on the other hand many people go crazy just with the announcement of a HY6/AFI camera and it seems so that noone thinks that such a system will cost with 4 or 5 lenses probably 20.000 $.

again its the same than with the HR/XL lenses discussion if it comes to the point that the HR lense cost 1/3 more. in relation  to the, already so high prices, this should not be a big factor for any decision here, thinking that for architecture this is the key optic of a system in some aspects.
noone asks for the price for the new 28mm h-lense? everybody is thrilled that the h3 will "correct" it automatically.... what you easily can do also in photoshop with 1 action.

i am thinking economic also, one reason i am very happy with my contax 645 which save me 15.000$ in an easy way and i cannot see what this camera cannot do in comparation to H1/2/3//HY6/6AFI//6008. my two old 501 hassies are sleeping since i got the contax.

but if i would think in one of the new cameras i would consider also  the sinar-m.
maybe too less lenses exist for it,- but i dont see the price more crazy than any other of the actual made mf system camera except mamiya  (  you can adapt many different mounts and lenses to the -m. although not sure about that ).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102103\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I would have to agree that Contax 645 is perhaps the most versatile system which has AF lenses range from 35/3.5 thru 350/4 and a tele-converter, with the MAM1 adapter. I have all the 9 lenses and love each of them. It works with all Hasselblad lenses either FE, CF, CF, CFi and CFE. It is perhaps the most opened platform today in medium format with AF option.  Many people has seen the end of Contax line, I am still wishing Zeiss will somehow put up a trick to have Cosina to produce it, or or that matter, anyone who can continue it.

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2007, 05:52:03 pm »

I would have to agree that Contax 645 is perhaps the most versatile system which has AF lenses range from 35/3.5 thru 350/4 and a tele-converter, with the MAM1 adapter. I have all the 9 lenses and love each of them. It works with all Hasselblad lenses either FE, CF, CF, CFi and CFE. It is perhaps the most opened platform today in medium format with AF option.  Many people has seen the end of Contax line, I am still wishing Zeiss will somehow put up a trick to have Cosina to produce it, or or that matter, anyone who can continue it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102145\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I guess it makes sense to say that, but the fact remains, Cantax was put to rest
and personally, I don’t' have any favorites attached, but that's a big NO for me.

I am just wondering, when Canon made a commitment to Maria Sharapova for US$ 20,000,000 so that Canon can sell their little PwerShots Cameras, why couldn't they purchase CONTAX for 10,000.000?

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 07:56:04 pm by Danijela D. Karic »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up