Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 & ONYX Production House  (Read 3378 times)

Lara S

Z3100 & ONYX Production House
« on: February 19, 2007, 01:46:32 pm »

Is anyone using ONYX Production House as the Rip for the Z3100 printer?

I'm having issues with bi-directional banding (cannot turn bi-directional off)
and...
Gloss enhancer. Cannot access option to turn it on in ONYX.

inkwelleditions

• http://
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 01:12:08 am »

and...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101691\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Lara,

I was using it about 6 hours ago. Make sure you use Hi-pass, you can also manually sett the number of passes (8-16) in that mode. I think 12 pass is equivilent to best mode. What are you using the media profile for, photo or matte media, proofing or photographic output. I've found that the banding is more prevelant on the fine art papers. I forget where the gloss enhancer option is, i'm tired,  but i'm fairly certain I've run across it. I'll try and post it tomorrow.

Julian

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:53:44 pm »

Lara,

Okay I found it. It's in the basic mode settings, after you name your mode click the "mode options" button under the dot pattern option. There is a check box that turns on gloss enhancer. You must have selected one of the photo options in the ink conifiguration or this will be grayed out. Hope that helps.

Julian Mussi
www.spectraflow.com
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow

fowvaydriver

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 02:58:32 pm »

I have been using Onyx Production House version 7.0.3. The driver is full of bugs period.
Bi-direction printing is not an issue as the other person stated when you pick the correct quality mode. Problems i have run into is the ink limiting for individual inks does not work as it should.
Forget turning on the clear option. Doesn't work. You will run into problems. I have spoken with there tech at lengh and they admit these two items are an issue along with a slew of other problems.. Version7.0.5 should be out any week now. Hopefully  it will be better than this buggy beta at best driver.
Come on Wasatch... where is your driver?
-jess

and...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101691\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 12:57:20 pm »

I have been using Onyx Production House version 7.0.3. The driver is full of bugs period.
Bi-direction printing is not an issue as the other person stated when you pick the correct quality mode. Problems i have run into is the ink limiting for individual inks does not work as it should.
Forget turning on the clear option. Doesn't work. You will run into problems. I have spoken with there tech at lengh and they admit these two items are an issue along with a slew of other problems.. Version7.0.5 should be out any week now. Hopefully  it will be better than this buggy beta at best driver.
Come on Wasatch... where is your driver?
-jess
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103545\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The new version will include a much better way to controll the ink limiting I am told. I'm waiting for the update before I do any more work with the Z3100.

Julian
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow
Pages: [1]   Go Up