Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LEAF APTUS 22 w MAcBook Pro Firewire issue  (Read 2731 times)

vincentl

LEAF APTUS 22 w MAcBook Pro Firewire issue
« on: February 19, 2007, 07:03:10 am »

Hi, am currently looking at stepping into an APTUS 22 LEAF back and am trying to decide which laptop to use with it. I hear the new MBP and MAcBooks have firewire bus problems due to iSight  now wired to the motherboard reducing voltage in firewire conections causing laptops to be unable to power LEAF BACKS below say 30-50% depending on the laptop. In some cases the green light stays on but only black files are sent to the laptop.
I hear phase one has a work around via a firewire adaptor cable to enavle the PH1 back to be powered by external battewry and not draw off laptop
Does Leaf offer same? if not does anyone know whether MACBOOK or MACBOOKPRO has better re bus voltage or are they both the same
OR heck just a solution to backs draing laptops would be good, aside from wet cell batteries with inverters or spare laptop batteries.
Looking forward to hearing from you

Vincentl

deelight

• http://
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 11:56:19 am »

Hi Vincent!

You can use any powered Firewire Repeater on the market.

Best,

Clem

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 05:10:59 am »

You can buy a connector for the Aptus to feed it with external power while shooting tethered. Not sure which connector that is but I am pretty sure Yair will fill me in on this?

Furthermore, the problem appears to be limited mainly to the MBP17. I use a MBP15 and have never had any power problems at all. The battery will be drained a lot faster though than with normal usage. Other people have reported similar experiences.

ssherman

• http://www.shermanphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 08:15:40 am »

How can you state this as a problem or issue when you have yet to even try it?

I have a Macbook Pro and an Aptus 65 and it powers fine.
One SHOULD have the power adaptor plugged in.

Also, you can't use othe FW devices at the same time on a Laptop or a Mac destop for that matter.

I have found if I plug in a HD with a powered FW port and plug the camera cale into that, it will work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up