Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interested in buying a Digital back for RZ67  (Read 9819 times)

piksi

Interested in buying a Digital back for RZ67
« on: February 17, 2007, 02:03:32 pm »

Hello,

I'm interested in upgrading my film mf-system to digital one. I've invested quite a lot to RZ-equipment and so used to it in both field and studio with film that I'm reluctant to give it up and change system. At the same time I've given up my Canon dslr equipment because it doesn't serve me as well in my work as before (thus the urge for digital). I've tried out some digital backs and generally been satisfacted to their quality over regular dslrs.

So, if anyone of You has an old digital back hanging around that is compatible with the RZ Pro I or Pro II directly or via an adapter, I'd be interested in buying it. I'm not yet willing to invest to a > 10k€ digital back - rather i'm interested in getting a "rehearsal" back (such as dcs pro back or some older ixpress etc...) for learning my way into digital mf photography.

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 04:00:32 pm »

Hello,

I'm interested in upgrading my film mf-system to digital one. I've invested quite a lot to RZ-equipment and so used to it in both field and studio with film that I'm reluctant to give it up and change system. At the same time I've given up my Canon dslr equipment because it doesn't serve me as well in my work as before (thus the urge for digital). I've tried out some digital backs and generally been satisfacted to their quality over regular dslrs.

So, if anyone of You has an old digital back hanging around that is compatible with the RZ Pro I or Pro II directly or via an adapter, I'd be interested in buying it. I'm not yet willing to invest to a > 10k€ digital back - rather i'm interested in getting a "rehearsal" back (such as dcs pro back or some older ixpress etc...) for learning my way into digital mf photography.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

these guys have a h25 for 9k usd. but you need to shoot tethered.
having a smaller chipped back on a rz (thats already heavy cropped) would do my head in.

[a href=\"http://www.captureintegration.com/sales/demo-used.html]http://www.captureintegration.com/sales/demo-used.html[/url]

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

RobertJ

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 10:43:55 pm »

I believe KEH.com has a Kodak ProBack Plus with RZ ProII adapter plate for about $4k...unless someone already snatched it up.

I recommend doing a search at KEH as soon as possible.

Update: I searched at KEH for "pro back plus" and it's still there in Like New minus condition, for $4,459.00.

"Mamiya RZ67
KODAK PRO BACK PLUS 16 M/P WITH CABLES, AC ADAPTER, INTERFACE PLATE, CD, INSTRUCTION BOOK, BACK"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 10:49:20 pm by T-1000 »

piksi

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 11:25:53 am »

I believe KEH.com has a Kodak ProBack Plus with RZ ProII adapter plate for about $4k...unless someone already snatched it up.

I recommend doing a search at KEH as soon as possible.

Update: I searched at KEH for "pro back plus" and it's still there in Like New minus condition, for $4,459.00.

"Mamiya RZ67
KODAK PRO BACK PLUS 16 M/P WITH CABLES, AC ADAPTER, INTERFACE PLATE, CD, INSTRUCTION BOOK, BACK"
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101468\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for the hint, i'll contact KEH. I'm not particularly worried about the focal length multiplier when it comes to <645 vs 6x7, as i have access to m645af body and a couple of sinar lf-cameras which should be able to attach to the back. the most important factor is to learn my way into digital mf/lf photography.

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 09:27:05 pm »

I shoot Mamiya RZ Pro II w/ a H25.  It's a great back! Let me know what I can do to help you out.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
chris@captureintegration.com
(404)234-5195

piksi

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 05:41:22 am »

I found a used P20 for ~$4500 which is not too much and I guess it will deliver better results than the older dcs pro back (which i could get for about $1000). I'm still not sure if digital back suits my shooting style, and would like to know a bit more from you with some experience:

1) How would you compare the robustness and dust & humidity resistance of the different manufacturers? I guess those backs with active fans and convection are far more vulnerable than for example the Sinar 54MC which without any fans and totally closed heat radiating surface would propably be the best choice of all backs on the market but i haven't seen any used on sale and the price for a new one is currently way too high for an investment.

2) How long lifespan do you estimate the current backs have? I guess CCD is the first vital component which will start to show dead pixels and degradation in image quality in the end of its lifespan.

Film is a great medium for the kind of shooting I do (in remote outdoor locations with no possibility to service or repair the equipment), and the two RZ bodies and lenses have never let me down in the crappiest of weathers, but as I yet have to experience shooting in such conditions with a digital back, I'd love to have some more information. The reason for getting a digital in the first place is because the clients are unwilling to wait for me to develop and wetscan the films.

made

• http://www.koculak.de
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 06:07:29 am »

The reason for getting a digital in the first place is because the clients are unwilling to wait for me to develop and wetscan the films.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Think about the time for postprocessing - often you need more time when shooting digital!

regards

Thomas

[a href=\"http://www.koculak.de]www.koculak.de[/url]

xacomo

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 07:34:26 pm »

HI I am selling a Leaf Valeo 17wi with the 20GB magazine and the DP-67 for U$ 6.500 plus shipping and handling by FEDEX only. Mint condition, hardly used. It is for a Mamiya 645aFD but you can buy the adapter for a Mamiya RZ.
If you are interested contact me:

Xavier Jacome
xavier.jacome@uio.satnet.net

I attaching some pictures of the kit. The camera in the picture it is not included.

Hello,

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101402\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up