Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: color differences between Cs and Breeze  (Read 2715 times)

Marsupilami

color differences between Cs and Breeze
« on: February 17, 2007, 01:11:52 pm »

Hello !

After buying a new monitor (Eizo CE240W) and profiling it with my spyder all seems fine, but when I open an RGB picture in photoshop CS2 it looks more saturated than for example the same picture opened in Breeze browser pro or in Digital Photo Professional. In all programs the same icc profile is used (the one I generated with the spyder and photocal)
A standard test chart from fuji printed on my HP Designjet 30 looks more like the picture I see in photoshop, although there are certain colors like magenta and cyan that do not match very well, but that seems to be a general problem of the print (They also do not match well with the other programs)

Do I miss something or are programs like Breeze Browser and DPP not good in color management ?

Thanks for your help !

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 02:27:01 pm »

It's probably a settings issue somewhere, but without posting all of your color management settings in all three programs, it's going to be difficult to troubleshoot remotely.

Marsupilami

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 08:59:30 am »

Do I miss something or are programs like Breeze Browser and DPP not good in color management ?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101393\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To reply to my own post: No, they are not bad in color management. In my case, the reason for color mismatches were in the tiff test file, which had no icc profile and as in CS the color profile warning was off I did not see that. Seems like adobe is dealing with files without an icc profile different (takes it for Adobe RGB) and the other programs deal with the file like it is sRGB ?
Whatever, this brings me to the conclusion that it is wise to leave the color profile warning on, so to have more control over the icc color management.

Christian
Pages: [1]   Go Up