Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica M8 shot at ISO 1250  (Read 2388 times)

newphotomike

Leica M8 shot at ISO 1250
« on: February 17, 2007, 10:05:57 am »

I am a photographer in Detroit – USA.   The M8 Leica that I have is making lines in the photos shot at 1250 ISO.  This is the second camera that I’ve had with this problem.  I’ve included a number of these in this email.  The Leica technical guys in the USA don’t seem to know with any certainty if the soon-to-come firmware v1.10 will help resolve these issues. .  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.   See some examples attached.....just a few of many that have these issues ......all shot in low light at 1250.

Michael Sarnacki

John Camp

Leica M8 shot at ISO 1250
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:31:02 am »

That's a firmware problem. The band is well-known and can be forced on most cameras when shooting in low light. The band appears about .58 of the way across the frame. Sean Reid said he spoke to the Leica people in Solms and that it will be fixed in 1.10

For more see the thread here, on the Leica forum:

http://www.leica-camera-user.com/digital-f...highlight=bands

Be aware that there are a number of banding problems, some of which have been fixed. But the one you show also has a darker "scratchy line" effect in addition to the .58 band, and that scratchy line effect (also known as rainbow lines) can be sometimes generated if your camera goes to sleep, and you force it to fire without first waking it up. You can avoid *that* effect by tapping the trigger once, waking the camera up, before you take the next shot.

JC
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 11:32:17 am by John Camp »
Pages: [1]   Go Up