Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom web gallery  (Read 32906 times)

TedK

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 04:35:54 am »

I do not see real folders. I see what looks like shoots renamed. I can email you a screen shot. Send  me your email address.
Ted
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101632\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

kuzemski@shaw.ca

61Dynamic

• http://
Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 04:48:33 pm »

Ted,

It sounds like what I experienced. What you are seeing are the folder names. In LRb4 they had different names than the actual folders. Since LRv1 abolished the "Shoot" concept and gone to folders it is showing you the folder names as they actually are.

You'll probably have to re-organize allot of images and re-name folders as I did, but it will result in things being consistently organized in and out of LR.

sbressler

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 08:38:07 pm »

Reorganizing my folders took a little while (and even more time for Lightroom to chug along...) but now it's all working just fine.  Grouping my shots into stacks of 2 seconds took even longer (duh), but v1.0 is awesome so far.  Anyway, to stay on topic, I'm desperately seeking some new templates (beyond just different colors), so if you guys come up with anything, I'd love to see!  Unfortunately, I don't think I have the time to delve into XML/XSLT, seeing as how I don't even have experience in XML.

Good thread so far

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 01:10:36 am »

Ted

Do you know you can click the little plus to the right of Folders, and specify the next level up from your folders - eg Pictures/Raw Files. LR then gathers all those folders under Raw Files.

John

TedK

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 03:46:17 am »

Ted

Do you know you can click the little plus to the right of Folders, and specify the next level up from your folders - eg Pictures/Raw Files. LR then gathers all those folders under Raw Files.

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101831\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks John,
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I will experiment with it. A dialogue box comes up that says choose. What am I choosing, and how does it help me? I am definately ordering the LL tutorial!
Cheers, Ted

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 03:49:21 am »

Ted

I see a long list of folders which I assume are subfolders of another. By clicking the plus, and specifying that other one, you make LR group those subfolders under their parent.

John
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:51:37 am by johnbeardy »

TedK

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 03:50:15 am »

I'm also wondering, why do some of my shoots (folders) show up with the text highlighted in red? And the majority are white?
Ted

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 03:52:27 am »

Because they've gone fishin' - LR doesn't know where they are. Have you renamed them outside LR, for example?

John

TedK

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 04:01:12 am »

Because they've gone fishin' - LR doesn't know where they are. Have you renamed them outside LR, for example?

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101856\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yes! and thanks!

TedK

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 04:14:56 am »

Back on topic. sort of. I'd  like to say that the biggest thing that I have noticed, and it may not be new,  is that the flash galleries have the ability to resize themselves depending on screen size, resolution, etc. The html gallery is stuck in what ever size you choose.

The html gallery has 2 links built in to it, one for your home page, and one for contacts or email, where as the flash gallery has only one link built in to it. Your choice, home or contact. I personally like the paginated option in flash, as it offers the most flexibility for large galleries. The html gallery gives a nice large area for your logo, but the flash limits you to a small area that your logo will not fit. Bummer. I guess they can't think of everything.

I would love to know if the galleries themselves are now able to be easily imported into dreamweaver, much like the photoshop galleries are.

Cheers, Ted

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 04:17:57 am »

We're full circle here....

61Dynamic

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 11:24:08 am »

The non-flash galleries can be brought into Dreamweaver after they have been exported if you want to tweak further. They are after all simple HTML pages.

lobsterboy

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2007, 02:28:34 pm »

I have been experimenting with creating web galleries in Lightroom.  If it is of interest I have created A blog entry on how to get started with the lightroom gallery system.

Hope it is of interest.
Chris

ixplorer

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 01:45:00 am »

All i do is upload my Flash galleries direct to my FTP ... then go back to DWVR and hit refresh on the remote folder end... the folder is visible... and pull it back down into DWVR... then link to it where needed.

I wish the flash function was faster in LR and I also find I have to hit reload and users do too on galleries when opening them as them seem to stall. 30 or so images isnt much. But seems to slow LR right down.

Would love to be able to customise my FLA galleries if anyone knows how... and I use FLASH galleries so other "photographers" dont steal my images which is why I don't want to use the HMTL galleries.

Cheers
Guy

lobsterboy

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 02:21:03 pm »

I use FLASH galleries so other "photographers" dont steal my images which is why I don't want to use the HMTL galleries.

Your fooling yourself - It's hardly any more difficult to steal images from a flash gallery than html.

61Dynamic

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 02:39:42 pm »

Your fooling yourself - It's hardly any more difficult to steal images from a flash gallery than html.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115560\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Printscreen!

Yeah, if the user has viewed your image on their computer it's been downloaded. The net wouldn't work otherwise. All it takes is someone half-awake to grab that out of the cache or use a screen cap app.

dupretfx

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 04:02:50 am »

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I found this tip on [a href=\"http://www.bluefire.tv/]http://www.bluefire.tv/[/url]

1:   in your web site folder Create a folder , here the name is "yourfoldername" where you drag your Lightroom resources folder
2:  drag the lightroom bin folder within your resources folder

3: copy paste the following code and write your own folder name your have to replace 4 times

Code to insert within your html code

<div id="content">

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
width="900px" height="600px"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/
cabs/flash/swflash.cab">

<param name="movie" value="yourfoldername/resources/gallery.swf"/>
<param name="flashvars"
value="livePreview=false
&baseRefUrl=yourfoldername/resources/
&groupxml=mediagroupdata/group.xml
&stylexml=styles/style.xml
&localText=localization/localText.xml"/>
<param name="id" value="gallery"/>
<param name="quality" value="high"/>
<param name="align" value="middle"/>
<param name="name" value="gallery"/>
<param name="bgcolor" value="#f7f7f7"/>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"/>
<param name="menu" value="true"/>

<embed src="yourfoldername/resources/gallery.swf"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
flashvars="livePreview=false
&baseRefUrl=yourfoldername/resources/
&groupxml=mediagroupdata/group.xml
&stylexml=styles/style.xml
&localText=localization/localText.xml"
width="900px" height="600px" quality="high" align="middle"
allowScriptAccess="sameDomain">
</embed>

</object>

</div>

4: define width and height

5: check in your browser

if it doesn t work open it with safari and go to menu/window/activity to check if the path to all your xml file are correct if not then make the correction ans try again,...
It has worked perfectly for me

I added a screenshot of the file structure in golive

Cheers

Francois

how to disable o modify menu and header bar from a lightroom flash gallery:   

http://www.bluefire.tv/blog/flashgalleries...andtricks2.html

TedK

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2007, 03:33:00 am »

Thanks for the great information! I'm sure it will be most helpful to many people who are trying to do this. I just wish this post would have happened a few months ago. Again, hopefully V1.1 will make things like this easier.
Cheers, Ted

DavidW

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2007, 10:11:04 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115560\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Indeed so. There's applications around that can decompile SWF files, making all the resources readily accessible. With one of those you can recover the original resources. However, it's not even as difficult as that.

The Lightroom created Flash gallery I looked at (which was one I created with my own pictures) had the configuration in an XML file (the relative URL of which can be read out of the HTML), and once you open the XML in a UTF-16 capable text editor, you can read out the URLs of the JPEGs.

You could mount some defence against those JPEGs being bulk downloaded (I can think of some ways you might be able to do this with Apache configuration, though I didn't test them), but, in the end, if people want your images, they're really no more difficult to take from a Flash gallery than a HTML based one.

David

galyn

Lightroom web gallery
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008, 04:14:52 pm »

If you were using Dreamweaver, this may be old-fashioned, but it works.

Frames without borders. The top frame is your information and site control. Bottom frame points to the index.html file that Lightroom generates.

Simple is good.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up