Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One P30 & Lightroom?  (Read 2942 times)

benedmonson

• http://www.benedmonson.com
Phase One P30 & Lightroom?
« on: February 16, 2007, 07:10:51 pm »

I'm just now going full digital with a Phase One P30 on my Contax 645. I've been using C1 Pro for a few weeks now and it is very easy to learn. Am I correct is saying that Lightroom will not support the P30 raw files? If I want to use lightroom at what point do I import my images. Is there anybody else that shoots a phase one back using LR? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ben Edmonson
www.benedmonson.com

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 12:44:45 pm »

If you have been using it and able to learn C1 Pro  is there any reason not to just do everything in C1  and then his is the same question I am asking myself.  I have learned to do about everythng I need in C1Pro and then just upload to Photoshop.

Still considering this question myself.  I use the P25 with Contax

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:45:08 pm »

If you have been using it and able to learn C1 Pro  is there any reason not to just do everything in C1  and then this is the same question I am asking myself.  I have learned to do about everythng I need in C1Pro and then just upload to Photoshop.

Still considering this question myself.  I use the P25 with Contax

benedmonson

• http://www.benedmonson.com
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 06:36:10 pm »

If you have been using it and able to learn C1 Pro  is there any reason not to just do everything in C1  and then this is the same question I am asking myself.  I have learned to do about everythng I need in C1Pro and then just upload to Photoshop.

Still considering this question myself.  I use the P25 with Contax
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101387\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That is what I'm asking myself, I'm thinking to have everything in one program may be good. There is no comparison to C1 Pro for conversions with these backs in my opinion. I just opened up a P30 raw image in LR and it was 2 stops underexposed. Opened it in C1 Pro and it was perfectly exposed??? IF it's not one thing it is another.

Ben

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 08:01:55 pm »

That is what I'm asking myself, I'm thinking to have everything in one program may be good. There is no comparison to C1 Pro for conversions with these backs in my opinion. I just opened up a P30 raw image in LR and it was 2 stops underexposed. Opened it in C1 Pro and it was perfectly exposed??? IF it's not one thing it is another.

Ben
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101440\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
there is a thread about the 2 stops in the MF forum....this does not happen to me....i have been using C1 for years, but LR really makes thing easier...conversions are just as good as well (if it wasn't for the missing 15% ....C1 V4 will be out soon and i am sure it will be even better then the current version...but i doubt it will have even close to as many functions....
Pages: [1]   Go Up