First of all I would like to than all those who spend time posting on this website. I have spent countless hours reading people thoughts but would still like some advice.
I'm new to the digital scene, still shooting my Nikon 6006 and trying to squeeze out of it the best images I can possibly get using Velvia. I have been "shooting" for about 15 years off and on (one income household with 3 kids and a Malamute), but have recently decided that with my love for photography I need/want to make more of a commitment to what I love. So I thought I'd through my hat in and see if I could take my photography to the next level.
Below is what has been swimming around in my head:
1) shooting landscape photography
2) Currently not looking at enlarging past 20x24 (but never know)
3) Want something that is easy to travel with (though not a DSLR, I'm very impressed by what the M8 can do, like the simplicity - not the price but could swallow if necessary)
4) 10.0 pixels or above. However, the reading I've done on this site would lend me to believe (and I hope correctly) that pixels are not the driving force but the quality of the sensor. So, I'm looking for the what would be the best sensor to pixel camera.
5) Have been looking at the Canon EOS-5D, Nikon D2x or even the D200 (I already have Nikon lenses)
6) like the full frame of the upper end Canons but it is not necessary.
7) Was thinking of buying a Pentax or Mamiya 645 (I do like the darkroom) but if I could get the image and resolution for a 20x24 print out of a DSLR I would like that.
Thanks for any thoughts and experiences shared. And, if you are in Northern Arizona anytime let me know via email and some food and quality homebrew would be provided.