Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: which photoblog host is best?  (Read 11919 times)

jshore

which photoblog host is best?
« on: February 14, 2007, 09:34:24 pm »

I am new to photography. And I want to make a photoblog to post and share the pictures I have taken. I am not a really techy type though.

Which photoblog host should I sign up (like blogger for content blogs)? I want free one (if there is one).

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 09:55:56 pm »

try wordpress.com.  There are photo ready themes available out in the wild.

jasonkravitz

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 08:33:42 pm »

Quote from: jshore
I am new to photography. And I want to make a photoblog to post and share the pictures I have taken. I am not a really techy type though.

Which photoblog host should I sign up (like blogger for content blogs)? I want free one (if there is one).

Aminus3.com is a great photoblog community with free photoblog hosting

Chris Paul

• http://www.progiftstore.com
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 05:54:59 am »

Quote from: jshore

i don't know if this one will do.
Hi all,i am Barbrine,welcome to my website collection.

robertwatcher

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 02:52:11 pm »

Why not host your own blog. To me it is far preferable to have a domain name attached to your blog than to have a name like blogger.com/you. Hosting is pretty cheap and most hosting packages provide easy one click Wordpress and Joomla automated install (at least the hosting I provide does in cPanel). When you have a legitimate domain name and hosting package and blog set up, you can always then add a full featured website alongside it. If you are determined to have a free one, Blogger is popular.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 04:56:05 pm by robertwatcher »

DarkPenguin

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 04:34:15 pm »

Quote from: robertwatcher
Why not host your own blog. To me it is far preferable to have a domain name attached to your blog than to have a name like blogger.com/you. Hosting is pretty cheap and most hosting packages provide easy one click Wordpress and Joomla automated setup (at least the hosting I provide does in cPanel). When you have a legitimate domain name and hosting package and blog set up, you can always then add a full featured website alongside it. If you are determined to have a free one, Blogger is popular.

It should be noted that Wordpress now offers one click updates.  It used to be a pain to update it.  Now you go to the admin panel.  It tells you there is an update.  You click install.  Done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up