Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf5000 parcel weight & size  (Read 5743 times)

antoinerose

ipf5000 parcel weight & size
« on: February 14, 2007, 02:18:00 pm »

Du to the high cost of the IPF5000 in Belgium (3380 USD) I will buy it in the US & ask to ship it to Belgium. In order to ask the forwarding freight company a quote, I would need the total size of the package + the dimension of the parcel (including palette) Anyone any clue ? I've heard about 155lbs for the weight but no idea of the size.
I'm here talking about the size of the box, not of the printer itself.
Any help would be grandly appreciated
Many thanks !!
Antoine

John Hollenberg

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 02:37:09 pm »

Du to the high cost of the IPF5000 in Belgium (3380 USD) I will buy it in the US & ask to ship it to Belgium. In order to ask the forwarding freight company a quote, I would need the total size of the package + the dimension of the parcel (including palette) Anyone any clue ? I've heard about 155lbs for the weight but no idea of the size.
Many thanks !!
Antoine
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

See specs in pre-purchase section of Wiki FAQ:

[a href=\"http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com]http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com[/url]

--John

dmg

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 04:09:50 pm »

Many thanks !!
Antoine
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100912\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Keep in mind warranty service. During warranty canon will service the printer at your location (you should have seen the faces of my friends when I told them a canon rep was coming to my home to fix my printer . If you import it and it breaks down Canon Belgium might not be willing to fix it (and you might have to ship it back to the US or throw it away).

dmg

sralser

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 06:53:41 pm »

If I remember right the shipping weight (including the roll feed) is 176 pounds.  I just got mine 2 days ago.

Steve

Alaska

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 08:29:19 pm »

The iPF 5000 with pallet - roll feeder and printer ships at 174 pounds.

The pallet size is:

H  6
W  34-1/2
L   45

The role feeder box:

H  11-1/2
W  13-1/2
L  30

The printer box:

H  19-1/2
W  32-1/2
L  43-1/2

All in inches.

If the role feed is purchased that box is placed on top of the printer box and attached with plastic film wrap.  The overall hight from floor to top is in the range of 37 inches.

Jim
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 08:30:04 pm by Alaska »

antoinerose

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 01:12:29 am »

Thanks for this precision.
Regarding the warranty, anybody can tell wether it is an international or US only ?
I was thinking about purchasing a 99 USD Mack extended warranty. I often use this kind of 3d party warranty for Nikon equipment and it is well accepted in Belgium. I'm not sure if it works with Canon Belgium. Canon has a service facility in the Netherlands. Provided the volume & weight of the IPF 5000 maybe Canon Belgium has a local support service for this. Will try to know this.
According to current IPF5000 owners, did you already had to call for service ? would be nice to have some stats here (how many interventions & for what issue)
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 01:13:25 am by antoinerose »

John Hollenberg

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 10:01:16 am »

There are multiple reports of problems with the roll feed unit, such that there is now a warning on the front page of the IPF5000 Wiki (as of one hour ago) regarding this issue:

http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com

I have had two service calls, parts shipped, the second roll feed unit worked for a week and then quit.  Currently waiting for Mark (service tech from GEI; yes, we are on a first name basis now   ) for call to set up a third service call.

I don't know of any other significant problems with the hardware.  You can read all of the details on the Wiki.

--John

antoinerose

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 02:04:51 pm »

John,
Thanks you for the warning.
Indeed When I read this, I should check with Canon Belgium if the mack warranty will be accepted in case of problem.
It looks like the issue comes from the roll unit, not for the printer. I plan to buy the ipf5000 first & may wait that issues will be solved before I buy the roll.

Price is quite important for me & I just received today some information from DHL/DANZAS fret for quote for shipping a IPF5000 to Europe from B&H New York.

Here's the total price for importing the printer to Europe from B&H:
This may be interesting for European readers who consider a cheaper alternative & does not look for additionnal local support from a shop.

IPF5000 B&H: 1395,95 USD
DHL Fret forwarding to Brussels, Belgium: 391 USD (see below for detail)
Import tax is rated 0% with the taric code 8443321090 (see below)
Belgian VAT 21% : 397 USD (You do not pay the VAT if you're a company)
MACK 3Y Warranty : 99 USD
TOTAL : 2282,95 USD

PRICE in Belgium : 3380 USD

Delta price: 1097 USD !

I have an XLS sheet with the detail of the quote for the shipping should anyone need more detail.

Txs
Antoine

TARIC code description:
 8443     Printing machinery used for printing by means of plates, cylinders and other printing components of heading 8442; other printers, copying machines and facsimile machines, whether or not combined; parts and accessories thereof
- 8443 11    Printing machinery used for printing by means of plates, cylinders and other printing components of heading 8442
- 8443 31    Other printers, copying machines and facsimile machines, whether or not combined
- - 8443 31    Machines which perform two or more of the functions of printing, copying or facsimile transmission, capable of connecting to an automatic data-processing machine or to a network
- - 8443 32    Other, capable of connecting to an automatic data-processing machine or to a network
- - - 8443 32 10    Printers
- - - - 8443 32 10 10    For use in civil aircraft
- - - - 8443 32 10 90    Other
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 02:16:22 pm by antoinerose »

jjlphoto

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 02:29:35 pm »

Delta price: 1097 USD !

Providing customs allows it into the country.  
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

antoinerose

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 02:55:25 pm »

Providing customs allows it into the country. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101256\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why wouldn't they ?

Alaska

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 03:33:14 pm »

The back plate on the iPF 5000 lists the power at 50/60 Hz at 100 to 120 volts.  It is nice to see that it can accommodate 50Hz.  Are not a lot of European countries using 220 volts AC for their mains?  If so, the use of a step down transformer would take care of the issue.

Jim

antoinerose

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 01:45:13 am »

The back plate on the iPF 5000 lists the power at 50/60 Hz at 100 to 120 volts.  It is nice to see that it can accommodate 50Hz.  Are not a lot of European countries using 220 volts AC for their mains?  If so, the use of a step down transformer would take care of the issue.

Jim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101267\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Indeed we use 220/50hz. A good converter cost something like 20 to 30 Eur so it's not a big issue. I called B&H printing division 2 days a go. The rep told me he already sold an IPF 5000 to germany & everything went fine, the power difference was not an issue for the buyer.

erichK

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 11:22:53 pm »

Indeed we use 220/50hz. A good converter cost something like 20 to 30 Eur so it's not a big issue. I called B&H printing division 2 days a go. The rep told me he already sold an IPF 5000 to germany & everything went fine, the power difference was not an issue for the buyer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101327\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As long as the printer can handle 50Hz AC current, a simple stepdown transformer should be all that you need. We lived in Germany from 1986 to 1990 and operated a bevy of different ccomputers and other electronic and electrical devices this way.

BTW, it is an induced idiocy of the US UL (Underwriters Laboratory) and Canada's CSA (Canadian Standards Association) that forces manufacturers not to have user-changeable voltages on eletronic and electrical devices.  It makes no sense, since wrongly setting them for 220V in those 110V countries would rarely cause real trouble (they simply either would not work, or would work at much-reduced power).  Ironically, Europe does allow suchg switchable devices, and there, setting them to 110V and supplying them with 220V CAN cause real problems (Burnt out power supplies, in my experience.)

Do be sure to check on your warranty options though. It's quite a beast to ship!

dittert

• http://
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 04:11:23 am »

Why wouldn't they ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101263\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They will let it into the country, but likely you will be charged duty and tax for it. I'd check with the authorities  first!

Did you consider importing from other EU countries? The price difference is a little lower, but you wouldn't need to ship it half way around the world. The price here in Germany is €2399 (excluding roll feed unit). Allow 8+ weeks for shippig, though...

wwille

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 12:06:13 pm »

Many thanks !!
Antoine
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100912\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Just recieved my new IPF5000, it comes on a wood pallet about 3ft by 5ft and about 2.5 ft high, weight 130lbs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up