Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disabling motor drive on Rollei 6008?  (Read 5736 times)

Graham Mitchell

Disabling motor drive on Rollei 6008?
« on: February 14, 2007, 10:18:35 am »

Is there any way to temporarily disable the motor drive on a Rollei 6008? I am using the camera with a digital back, and it seems that most of the battery power is being wasted on the motor drive after each shot. Perhaps I would get 1000+ shots from a battery otherwise?

I was hoping that the 'multiple exposure' setting would help but it doesn't seem to stop the motor. Perhaps it just disengages a gear.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 10:58:32 am »

Is there any way to temporarily disable the motor drive on a Rollei 6008? I am using the camera with a digital back, and it seems that most of the battery power is being wasted on the motor drive after each shot. Perhaps I would get 1000+ shots from a battery otherwise?

I was hoping that the 'multiple exposure' setting would help but it doesn't seem to stop the motor. Perhaps it just disengages a gear.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100863\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Graham,

I have forwarded your question to our tech people: according to them it is not possible, respectively there is not such a setting available. The "Multiple Exposure" disengages only the gear. The motor has also the function to move the mirror.

Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 11:02:06 am »

Thanks, it was worth a try. Just another reason to look forward to the Hy6

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 11:03:12 am »

Thanks, it was worth a try. Just another reason to look forward to the Hy6
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100875\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Welcome!
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 02:15:46 pm »

strange...i got 1000+ shots out of my batteries in studio on the rollei 6008af with P20...i mean it really lasted forever, even if i shot catalog (500-1500 shots/day) i would easily get through the day on one battery...i had 3 and always ran them until they died....recharge and drain...the best way to keep them healthy...
obviously the mirror was moved...not sure if the motor was active though...i think i remember shooting film once and being stunned how loud the camera was compared to shooting digital...maybe phase figured something out?

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 02:18:56 pm »

I recently got a Maha MH-C777PLUS-II charger, and now I am discharging the batteries before recharging. Perhaps they will improve over time. I had no idea you could take 1000 shots on one of these. I'm lucky to get 200 but my batteries were bought used and I have no idea of their history.

PatrikR

• http://www.patrikraski.com
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 03:14:05 pm »

NiCad batteries definetely suffer from the "memory effect". NiCad is really old technology but they provide good performance on high amp configurations which your camera definetely is not. You may not be able to recondition your used batteries since their performance is so low now. You might be able to open the battery containers and replace the cells however. NiCad cells are pretty cheap.

I made from the Rollei external battery case a custom charging cable. I'm using a RC charger from Robbe to charge these troublesome NiCads. What is good that I can charge them with hi current in no time! I had to resort to this charging method when I had the Kodak DCS760 which had really bad batteries.

Hopefully the Hy6 will feature LiPo batteries. LiPo batteries are used in new Mac Book Pros and on some better Nokia cell phones. They provide the best weight/power ratio of any battery.
Patrik Raski - Espoo, Finland

Carl Glover

• http://www.alephstudio.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 03:27:17 pm »

6008s with P20s don't activate the motor which makes it an amazingly quiet camera.

Unfortunately, the Sinar back on the 6008 keeps the motor going. I suspect the lack of camera-to-digital-back contacts on Sinar's adapter plate has a lot to do with this. I wish it had them!

Since the hy6 is not too far away, I'll put up with the energy expenditure of the Rollei motor and see what happens...
Pages: [1]   Go Up